SALES ENGINEER - Columbia SC
The Sales Engineer is responsible for providing technical support in the areas of planning, design and implementation solutions to ensure successful customer integration and implementation of established company networks and products. The Sales Engineer must partner with our Sales Teams to effectively prospect new business and support the existing customer base.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Represent the company on customer appointments as the subject matter expert for hosted IP voice, LAN/WAN technologies, IaaS/DRaaS and security and/or Ethernet and DWDM.
- Pre-sales network consultation expertise.
- Addressing technical questions from customers and their vendors, and ensuring the companies’ network integrity through quality design and cost effective solutions.
- Responsible for quoting out elements of the companies’ network utilizing existing tools or create business plans to propose competitive pricing with sustainable margins.
- Creating network topology diagrams and producing a detailed project cost summary and project overview documentation, both for sales as well as for internal Engineering teams.
- Conduct sales and account management training on industry voice and data products focusing on the companies’ competitive product advantage.
- Post implementation support related to relationship building, customer’s technical strategy and additional revenue opportunities.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, IT, MIS, Telecommunications, Engineering or equivalent industry experience. Telecommunications industry certifications preferred (CCNA, CCDA, CCNP, CCDP, Network Plus)
- Minimum of 2-5 years in Telecommunications, Information Technology or professional level technical/engineering industry.
- Must have working knowledge of voice and data communication service delivery, IP protocols, and be able to work across a variety of disciplines.
- Demonstrated expertise in network transport delivery, network design, as well as with specific product sets such as IP-based services, Ethernet, Firewall, IaaS/DRaaS, hosted PBX, IP PBX, SIP Trunking, and PRI.
- Knowledge and experience in cost benefit analysis.
- Demonstrated proficiency of Microsoft Office software, including Word, Excel, Visio, and Power Point.
- General knowledge of Telecommunication industry business practices, as well as ability to understand process flows. General understanding of order processing and provisioning.
- A broad telecommunications skill set with experience in one or more of the following areas is desired – Sales Engineering, Product Management/Planning, Network Engineering, Transport Engineering, Network Provisioning, and Operations.
- Excellent analytical, administrative, organizational, communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills.
- Job Family 50
- Pay Type Salary
- Columbia, SC, USA