FIELD OPERATIONS TECHNICIAN III
The Field Operations Technician will perform installations, preventive maintenance, service activation/de-activations and testing/trouble-shooting associated with transport infrastructure, switching infrastructure and IP/Data networks, and perform “on call” duties as required. The technician will interact with internal and external customers, service technicians, technical support personnel and other telecom professionals.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Technician will perform tasks associated with
the installation, acceptance, and maintenance of a variety of telecommunications equipment in support of Metro-Ethernet, FTTC, DWDM, SONET, IP, SNMP and various central Office equipment.
- Efficient and timely integration of Company trouble-shooting processes, including proper ticket processing and supporting documentation, timely dispatch, reduction of mean-time-to-repair (MTTR) and readily supporting internal and external NOC personnel.
- Performs preventive/scheduled maintenance and inspections on customer or network equipment and on the critical
infrastructure including but not limited to HVAC systems, UPS, generator, ATS, DC power plants and will perform general housekeeping of Central Office/POP and co-location facilities.
- On-call 24x7, stand-by, call out, dispatch, and overtime are required as dictated by the business. Proper management of trouble tickets and workflow tasks in support of on-net and off-net (type 2) services.
Education: Associates degree or technical field (industry related)preferred, and/or a combination of job-related experience.
Experience: Minimum of 7-10 years’ experience in Telecommunications field or equivalent education and certification.
Key Competencies: Cisco and/or Ciena certifications; AC/DC core fundamentals; good driving record; Office 365 suite; reside within 30 minutes of reporting location.
Understanding and use of Planning Guide and Project manuscript.
Able to understand and operate advanced industry test sets, DS1-100G, RFC-2544, OTDR and fiber scopes.
Perform advanced OTDR traces and fiber characterization testing and ability to interpret and understand the results.
Knowledgeable and skilled with DC Power including secondary and tertiary applications.
Work independently with little to no supervision.
Performs a wide spectrum of advanced assignments requiring analysis, innovation and judgement.
Assumes all routine tasks for advanced projects and is periodically called upon to make routine decisions.
Proven ability to build and maintain strong working relationships across all levels of the organization.
Ability to assess problems, research alternatives and pursue acceptable solutions while remaining within company guidelines. Must be innovative, able to reset priorities and use resources to meet the needs of the business.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Required Education Associate Degree
- Greenville, SC, USA