CABLE SPLICING TECH-
This position is responsible for the installation, repair and maintenance of fiber cables. This position requires you to be fit for duty 24/7 to include day and night work and on call rotation. This position requires the ability to climb poles, work aloft using climbing gaffs, ladders and the use of a bucket truck to perform detailed splicing functions. Position requires a great deal of accuracy to insure customer service. Position requires the ability to carry 50 lbs. for a distance of 100 feet, ability to use hand tools and intricate test equipment. Position requires a high aptitude to identify and correct troubles within fiber cable and troubles with the use of test equipment.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1) Manage, track and prioritize customer projects for turn up and test.
2) Review planning guides and set up HR's for night maintenance window work.
3) Assist with the maintenance of our existing networks and fiber cables.
4) Completion of metasolv/WFM task and paperwork assignments.
5) Maintain tools, trucks and test equipment to assure proper operation.
Education: High School Graduate and equivalent work experience
Experience: 2– 5 years telecom experience, preferably as Lineman
Key Competencies: High degree of mathematical aptitude, OSP principles for engineering and construction, detailed knowledge of industry construction and engineering design practices, strong project management and negotiating skills.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Required Education High School
- Reston, VA, USA