IT Director of Infrastructure
Join our team! We’re a bunch of fun, hard-working folks who live to offer excellent service to our customers and support each other. Even with 28 years in the business, we still operate like a start-up... entrepreneurial spirit, open door policy, no bureaucracy, fast decision-making… Come meet us and see how we can advance your career. LSO is the largest regional parcel carrier in the US spanning 10 states.
The Director of Infrastructure will architect, implement and administer the Virtualization, Storage, Data Protection and Application Performance Management services. Manages the analysis, design, build and run of all data center infrastructure (Compute, Storage, Virtualization, Backups, Application Performance Management, DR, Co-Lo) as well as vendor management, and support services team. Focus on improving systems availability, advancing technology capabilities, and driving down the total cost of ownership.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Proactively meets with stakeholders and committees to identify business requirements, create system development plans, and define the objectives and scope of projects. Provides advice on business process and system designs that solve business problems or exploit opportunities
- Manages employees and associated budgets who provide technical support for the names areas
- Forecast capacity projection of hardware to ensure timely acquisition of technology to provide proper availability and performance
- Interfaces with user and applications areas and provides technical guidance when required
- Provides input into the development of short – and long – range strategic plans
- Maintains a high degree of technical expertise to ensure that best practices are utilized in rendering technical support services
- Acts as technical consultant regarding IT processing activities and assists in the resolution of all technical systems, hardware, and software problems to enhance operations
- Manage scheduling, evaluate daily performance, and provide training for IT Support staff
- Collaborate with IT teams to:
- Install new software releases, system upgrades and patches.
- Performs server hardware upgrades as needed.
- Resolves server hardware and software related problems.
- Troubleshoot and resolve network related issues in both LAN and WAN environments.
- Maintain data backups for all servers.
- Perform software license audits.
- Assist end users with hardware and software problems.
- Analyze, install and upgrade new and existing personal computer systems. Determine user specifications for hardware and software.
- Travel as needed to remote locations to implement projects and or repair faulty equipment.
- Will be required to participate in after hours on-call rotation as directed by IT Manager.
- Create reports from databases using Crystal Reports, Excel or SQL Server Reporting Services
- Directs, establishes, plans and implements the policies and procedures to support the organization's PC and mobile device support services.
- Manages the deployment, maintenance, support and upgrade of scanners, PCs, mobile devices, software, operating systems and printers.
- Maintains inventory of all IT assets.
- 3 or more years of experience in supervision with proven administrative responsibility
- Microsoft Certified System Engineer
- VMware Certified Professional
- Experience with the following: HP Converged Infrastructure, VMware, Microsoft, VDI, Disaster Recovery
- Demonstrated ability to manage highly-technical people and experience with the listed architectures
- Functional understanding of project management principles and their application to Infrastructure project and teams
- Ensures the reliable processing and support of business operating systems including on premises, hosted and SaaS.
- Proactively collaborate with all levels in the organization to identify business functions and processes that can be improved by applying information technology
- Demonstrated skills with the following key technologies:
- MS SQL Server and .NET tools
- API architecture and implementation
- Windows Server
- Enterprise application deployment and support
Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in Information Systems, Business, Computer Science and 3-6 years’ experience. Experience in solving both business and technical problems, training, and developing detailed business requirements is also preferred.
Additional Abilities Required: Must possess strong organizational and project management skills. Must have broad IT knowledge and general knowledge of SQL server, networking, operating system, WAN/LAN, SaaS, security, and other Information Technology concepts. Must have a strong desire to problem-solve. Must have the ability to communicate effectively with individuals and teams at all levels including C-level management, end-users, independent service providers, and outside vendors.
Must have the ability to handle multiple concurrent tasks and learn new business systems quickly. Demonstrated interpersonal relationship skills, excellent oral and written communications skills, strong attention to detail, analytical skills, and organizational skills are essential.
Excellent benefits package - health, dental, vision, LTD, STD and 401K
- Pay Type Salary
- Austin, TX, USA