Clinical Studies Nurse (LVN)
9420 Athena Cir, La Jolla, CA 92037, USA Req #110
Thursday, February 13, 2020
- Work closely with Principal Investigators (PIs) and Clinical Staff to develop and conduct participant recruitment for a variety of research studies.
- Assist PIs in writing and submitting Institutional Review Board (IRB) protocols, amendments, and annual status reports for active studies.
- Ensure compliance with study protocols, SOP’s, and established company policies by providing thorough review and documentation at each study visit.
- Develop recruitment plans unique to each study, including flyer advertisements, social media posts, and database use.
- Ensures that project/department milestones/goals are met.
- Participate in research team meetings and assist with preparation of donor enrollment summaries and/or presentations as required.
- Work closely with the Clinical Core staff to schedule and perform blood draws in accordance with research study requirements
- Exceptional interpersonal, communication and organizational skills to perform participant recruitment in person, in writing, and on the telephone.
- Provides patient education and medical information to study participants to ensure understanding of risks and benefits of study procedures.
- Perform routine phlebotomy, vaccinations, and additional procedures in accordance with study protocols and best practices.
- Obtain and record accurate information and details to ensure proper completion of forms and reports.
- Coordinate with clinical team for scheduling of lab processing and receipt of external samples including arranging the delivery of samples to requested labs for clinical draws that are not performed at LJI.
- Interface with external vendors/companies to arrange for offsite donation / sampling logistics.
- Process payments to donors with accurate documentation for service tracking.
- Develop documents and tools as needed to facilitate communication of study data (tracking sheets, donor databases, communication systems, etc.).
- Marketing and communicating LJI Clinical Studies brand to build donor database for future study recruitment needs.
- Develop and maintain collaborative ties with local and regional institutes, clinics, and any facilities related to active research projects.
LJI provides Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) to all employees and applicants regardless of race, national origin, religion, sex, marital status, age, mental or physical disability, medical condition, veteran status, sexual orientation, or pregnancy. This applies to all personnel practices, including recruitment, hiring, training, promotion, compensation, benefits, transfers, educational assistance, and social and recreational programs.
- Job Function RA
- Pay Type Salary
- 9420 Athena Cir, La Jolla, CA 92037, USA