Opportunity for a bright and enthusiastic individual to make an important contribution to LJI’s mission by working with and directly assisting our top ranked faculty members. The position will provide seminar coordination for all in house and external seminars for the Institute. The role will be the event planner and coordinator for the La Jolla Immunology Conference and other high profile conferences throughout the year. An entrepreneurial spirit and “no task too big or too small” attitude will be required, as the workload will fluctuate between basic daily tasks and important special projects. This is a great opportunity for someone that wants a career connected to the latest discoveries in human health
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Plans, prepares and manages formal seminars. Schedules invited guests, arranges travel and lodging accommodations, honorarium, reserves conference room and equipment, catering, schedules appointments, and posts internal and external seminar announcements.
- Maintains weekly updates for community wide seminars at other nearby institutes
- Plans, prepares and manages various high profile meetings, conferences and symposia. Tracks budgets, conducts site inspections, arranges travel and lodging accommodations and AV requirements.
- Prepare check requests, expense reports, AmEx reconciliation and other administrative forms in accordance with Institute policies and procedures.
- Process mail; including but not limited to ingoing/outgoing mail for the faculty and lab, FedEx shipments, and other items as needed.
- Make travel arrangements for faculty, postdocs and special visitors. This includes registration, airfare, hotel, transportation, and itineraries.
- Coordinates the seminar speaker series for guests of assigned faculty.
- Organize scientific conferences, events, and other social functions.
- Acts as seminar coordinator for onsite guest lecturers and speakers
- Other special assignment will come up frequently based on the needs of the faculty
BA/BS. Minimum of three years experience in a professional environment. Strong interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to work with Institute personnel and outside contacts in a professional manner, maintaining confidentiality of sensitive information. Ability to exercise flexibility, tact and good judgment. Ability to prioritize and balance numerous tasks with minimal direction to meet deadlines and work independently and be proactive. Knowledge of Microsoft Office suite, Google Apps, and the ability to quickly pick up and understand new software as needed.
- Job Function RA
- Pay Type Salary
- 9420 Athena Cir, La Jolla, CA 92037, USA