Bioinformatics Postdoc For The Immune Epitope Database
Take a step towards creating Life Without Disease in these unprecedented times.
The Peters lab at the La Jolla Institute for Immunology (LJI) is comprised of an interdisciplinary team of scientists working towards understanding, preventing and curing immune-related diseases. This includes infectious diseases such as tuberculosis and COVID-19, allergic diseases such as milk allergy and asthma, and cancer. The unifying goal of these studies is to determine the rules by which parts of a non-self entity can be recognized by the adaptive immune system, and then use these rules to improve the study, diagnosis and treatment of disease.
As part of these operations, the Immune Epitope Database and Analysis Resource (IEDB-AR), a freely available online resource supported by NIAID, was founded in 2003 and continues to be expanded as our understanding of immunology evolves. Our goal is to continue to serve the scientific community by providing a one-stop resource to both catalog and analyze a wide-range of immunological and epitope-related data, using statistical and machine learning algorithms.
Related Principle Investigator Publications: Dr. Bjoern Peters & IEDB on Google Scholar
The Analysis Resource (http://tools.iedb.org/) hosts powerful tools that analyze immunological data and predict T cell and B cell epitopes. We are seeking qualified candidates to join this team. Positions are available at the level of postdoc and above.
Candidates possessing outstanding skills in at least two of the following areas are encouraged to apply:
- Software development (programming in Python preferred, or proficiency in other programming languages; Unix Shell; version control)
- Systems engineering (modern systems architecture design, with a particular focus on container orchestration)
- Immunology (especially adaptive immunity and epitope recognition)
- Data analysis techniques (statistics, data visualization, machine learning)
- Knowledge representation (database systems, RDF/OWL, OBO ontologies)
How to apply:
Interested candidates, please upload your cover letter and resume in a single document. Applications without a cover letter will not be considered.
- Job Function GA
- Pay Type Salary
- 9420 Athena Cir, La Jolla, CA 92037, USA