Bioinformatician for the Immune Epitope Analysis Resource
The Peters lab at the La Jolla Institute for Immunology (LJI) is comprised of an interdisciplinary team of scientists working towards understanding, preventing and curing immune related diseases. As part of these operations, the Immune Epitope Database and Analysis Resource (IEDB-AR), a freely available online resource supported by NIAID, was founded in 2003. Our goal is to continue to serve the scientific community by providing a one-stop resource to both catalog and analyze a wide-range of immunological and epitope-related data.
Related PI Publications: Dr. Bjoern Peters & IEDB on Google Scholar
The Analysis Resource (http://tools.iedb.org/) hosts tools that analyze immunological data and predict T cell and B cell epitopes. We are seeking qualified candidates to join this team. Positions are available at the level of postdoc and above.
Candidates possessing outstanding skills in at least two of the following areas are encouraged to apply:
- Software development (programming in Python preferred, or proficiency in other programming languages; Unix Shell; version control)
- Systems engineering (modern systems architecture design, with a particular focus on container orchestration)
- Immunology (especially adaptive immunity and epitope recognition)
- Data analysis techniques (statistics, data visualization, machine learning)
- Knowledge representation (database systems, RDF/OWL, OBO ontologies)
How to apply:
Interested candidates, please upload your cover letter and resume here.
In 2018, LJI was ranked as one of the best places to work in San Diego by the San Diego business Journal. LJI is located in the Science Research Park on the campus of UC San Diego, with easy access to the San Diego life sciences community and all that the area has to offer.
LJI provides Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) to all employees and applicants regardless of race, national origin, religion, sex, marital status, age, mental or physical disability, medical condition, veteran status, sexual orientation, or pregnancy. This applies to all personnel practices including recruitment, hiring, training, promotion, compensation, benefits, transfers, educational assistance, and social/recreational programs.
- Job Function GA
- Pay Type Salary
- 9420 Athena Cir, La Jolla, CA 92037, USA