Leevers Locavore Team Member
Step up with a role at Leevers, where our passion is to improve the lives of our employee owners and their neighbors. We understand and serve each store's market with products and prices they value.
Team Member Job Description
A Team Member at Leevers Locavore is expected to play an active role in supporting our Core Values on a daily basis. Their words and actions should reflect a balanced approach that supports our 3 keys to success: Treasure the Customer, Be a Stellar Teammate, and Build the Brand. Under the support and direction of Store Management, Team Members:
Demonstrate they Treasure the Customer by:
• Being patient and kind to our customers, making efforts to engage and interact with them regardless of the task, and smiling. Striking up a positive conversation. Making eye contact.
• Making product recommendations.
• Treating customers as guests. Welcoming them in, genuinely striving to assist them through their shopping experience, and thanking them for spending their time with us.
• Ringing and bagging groceries with a sense of urgency and care.
• Being an advocate for our brand. You need to learn about our purpose, our products, and philosophies and be the person who executes that to our customers every day.
• Giving others the impression that you enjoy helping them through your verbal and nonverbal communication.
• Creating a safe, clean, and organized environment that shows the Customer we value them.
Team Members demonstrate they are a stellar teammate by:
• Operating with integrity and expecting the same of others.
• Being tolerant of other workstyles and treating your fellow Team Members with courtesy and respect.
• Keep all Team Member areas clean, organized, and most of all, safe.
• Understanding that their timeliness and attendance are critical to a great Team Member Experience.
• Setting fellow Team Members up for success when completing their tasks, especially during a transition of duties. Thinking about next steps and how to make it easier for the next Team Member.
• Striving to make work fun by having a positive attitude and upbeat demeanor.
Team Members demonstrate they are Building the Brand by:
• Acting like an owner, as veryone initially is provided the opportunity to become an employee owner.
• Striving to get better every day by learning more, increasing productivity, and enhancing Customer service skills.
• Supporting the brand wherever it’s needed. The phrase “that’s not my job” is not part of your vocabulary or mindset. Being prepared to help throughout the entire store.
• Learning and implementing the fundamentals of basic food safety and quality assurance to ensure that we are offering food that is of the highest quality.
• Operating in a safe manner, both to protect your health and all of those around you. You will play an active part in ensuring a safe environment for everyone in the store.
• Working with a sense of urgency and accuracy in all tasks.
This is also a physically demanding job and you will be asked to potentially perform any operational task in the grocery store. This includes, but is not limited to: Stocking, receiving, cashiering, bagging, retrieving carts, warehousing, providing customer service, and cleaning. You will likely spend most of your time standing or walking on hard surfaces. You will frequently lift items up to 25 lbs. and occasional lifting of items up to 50 lbs. is required. You will place items low, high, and everywhere in between. You will experience repetitive movements, kneeling, crouching, reaching, and twisting. You will work in a variety of temperatures ranging from very warm to very cold. Often, you will work in both climate environments within a short period of time. You will need to maneuver a hand truck with up to 200 lbs. of products and do so in a safe manner. Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice. Created 8/5/18.
Leevers Supermarkets Inc. is an equal opportunity at
will employer and does not discriminate against any employee or
applicant for employment because of age, race, religion, color,
disability, sex, sexual orientation or national origin.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Leevers Locavore Northside, 2630 W 38th Avenue, Denver, Colorado, United States of America