Greeley Save A Lot Meat Cutter
Step up with a role at Leevers, where our passion is to improve the lives of our employee owners and their neighbors. We understand and serve each store's market with products and prices they value.
We are always accepting applications. We will contact you if we have any openings.
Title: Meat Cutter
Reports To: Meat Manager
The Meat Cutter will assist the Meat Manager for the proper operation of the Meat Department. This person will cut and work to achieve satisfactory operating results, which comply with company procedures, policies and execute company goals. The Meat Cutter will act as role model of professionalism, ethical behavior, and effective decision-making at all times
• Prepares and places meat cuts and products in display counter according to company policy & procedures so they will appear attractive and appealing to the customers.
• Will assist the Meat Manager maintain an adequate inventory level for meat products and supplies
• Enforcing established programs, which comply with city codes, health regulations, weights and measure regulations and ensuring standards in all departments are being met
• Breaking, cutting, boning, making chorizo and grinding meat as required
• Ensuring freshness and high product quality
• Using knives and power equipment, cuts and/or packages authorized beef, pork and poultry items according to Leevers policies and procedures.
• Ensures that displays and case signs are updated appropriately, and that meat is merchandised and presented to maximize sales.
• Maintains proper date rotation for dated and undated products per Leevers policy, both in the display case and in the storage cooler.
• Wraps, weighs and prices cuts of meat.
• Labels packages according to COOL, USDA and Leevers standards.
• Receives, inspects, and stores meat upon delivery, to maintain cold chain and ensure meat quality.
• Ensures excellent sanitation and quality standards are met daily and adhered to per Leevers policy.
• Maintaining a clean and safe environment for customers and employees
• Building and maintaining a positive working relationship with employees and peers
• Great customer service
• Protect company property, funds and merchandise at all times.
• May be assigned to work in more than one store.
Relevant Experience, Education, Certification, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Must be 18 years of age
• High School diploma or equivalent.
• Two years of previous experience cutting meat including using hand tools and power equipment, such as knives, slicers, grinders, cubing machine and power saw.
• Comprehensive product knowledge and ability to train other meat team members. Previous training / supervisory experience a plus.
• Effective oral and written communication skills
• Excellent Customer Service and Leadership Skills
• Must be dependable and flexible
• Must adhere to uniform dress code
Must possess the following leadership competencies:
Thought Leadership: Must be able to understand quickly, figure things out and resolve issues
Results Leadership: Must have a good attitude about working, demonstrate ability to accomplish goals and be able to work using the best methods as shown by the store managers and satisfy customers without fail.
People Leadership: Must respect and work well with manager, co-workers, and customers. Share information and be willing to teach others.
Personal Leadership: Must follow all rules, policies and possess the desire to learn new things every day.
• Most work is performed in a temperature-controlled environment with a standard temperature of 38-45 degrees.
• Requires the ability to reach, bend, balance, lift and transport various objects weighing up to 30 lbs repeatedly throughout the shift; at times, product weight may reach 100 lbs. Requires the ability to move heavy product with assistance.
• Must have the ability to stand, walk and / or move about for extended periods of time.
• Requires the ability to push, pull, grasp and use sawing motions for extended periods of time.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of the work performed by the employees assigned to this job. All employees must comply with Company policy and applicable laws. The responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified may vary within each department and/or location.
Leevers Supermarkets Inc. is an equal opportunity at
will employer and does not discriminate against any employee or
applicant for employment because of age, race, religion, color,
disability, sex, sexual orientation or national origin.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Save A Lot Greeley, 816 25th Street, Greeley, Colorado, United States of America