Parent Aide Case Manager
Since 1971, A New Leaf has faithfully worked in service to our mission of “Helping Families…Changing Lives,” making a positive impact in the lives of more than 24,000 people each year in the Phoenix Metropolitan area. Services focus on HEALTH, HOUSING, AND COMMUNITY SERVICES, offering a continuum of support to move households from crisis to long-term health and stability.
A New Leaf continues to grow to respond to needs in our community by developing comprehensive, relevant and effective services for vulnerable and underserved families, children, and adults.
Join us in helping families and changing lives!
A New Leaf's Parent Aide Program provides services to families whose children are placed in the legal custody of the Arizona Department of Child Safety (ADCS). The family and ADCS Specialist meet to develop a ADCS case plan in order to determine services for the family with the goal of the child’s reunification, remaining with the family and/or severance.
We have expanded our services and are looking for multiple Case Managers to work in the East and West Valley areas. Our Case Managers provide individualized services to accommodate the needs of the family’s schedule. This may include weekdays, weekends and evenings.
Pay rate: $15/hour
*Mileage reimbursement provided
*Company cell phone provided
*Company laptop with internet access provided
Major areas of responsibility (including but not limited to):
- Implement and complete Assessment Reports, specifying tasks and objectives to be completed within identified timelines.
- Work cooperatively with Child Protective Services in developing assessments, plans and required periodic reports and attend meetings with CPS staff.
- Collaborate with other community agencies working with the family and participate in staffing when invited to do so.
- Visit parents as identified in the plan. Provide parent support to include parenting skills development, household management skills, and problem solving/conflict resolution, learning and accessing community resources. Teach, role model and provide training sessions to parents.
- Provide safe transportation to parents and children as specified and authorized in the plan.
- Provide supervision for authorized Supervised Visitation. Assure safety of all parties involved.
- Monitor and document all aspects of visits. Intervene and de-escalate or terminate if the visit becomes harmful to the child.
- Participate in required client care supervision on a regular basis as required by state law.
- A High School Diploma / GED and at least five (5) years direct care experience in the Human Service Field (i.e. Group Home, Shelter Care, Behavioral Health field) working with children, families, and or adults, as verified on a resume and reference verification required OR A Bachelor’s Degree in Human Services or directly related degree.
- Experience working with multi-problem families and cultural diversity, substance abuse, effects of child abuse and neglect on child development, sexual abuse, mediation and other interventions
- Needs knowledge and understanding of family dynamics and family centered services
- Must have proficiency with personal computers and applicable software programs.
- Have the skills necessary to engage and work with others from diverse ethnic and cultural groups, coupled with maintaining professionalism at all times.
- Demonstrate and provide strong communications skills both verbally and in writing.
- Committed to teamwork and have the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
- A valid driver’s license with reliable transportation, clean 39-month motor vehicle record and current auto liability insurance.
- Have a Class One Fingerprint Clearance Card or be able to pass various background checks in order to obtain one
We appreciate your interest in our organization. We consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, religion, color, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
A New Leaf is an at-will employer. Any offer of employment with A New Leaf is contingent upon a successful consumer report to include verification of employment, education, criminal background search and driving records.
A New Leaf is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and participates in the E-Verify program. A New Leaf participates in el program de E-Verify. Equal Opportunity Employer.
BENEFITS PACKAGE: All of our employees enjoy the following benefits: direct deposit, competitive pay, accrued sick time, Employee Assistance Program (EAP), annual team member appreciation event, informal, yet professional team environment.
For full time employees, we also provide the following included in the total compensation plan: Health/Dental/Vision Coverage, Accrued Sick and Vacation Time, Paid Holidays, Life Insurance, AD&D, Short Term Disability, 401(K), Tuition Reimbursement, and a Wellness Program which has received a Silver Level of excellence in worksite wellness by providing employees with Annual Biometrics, Gym Reimbursements, Wellness Initiatives, Workers Compensation improvements, and much more!
- Pay Type Hourly
- Travel Required Yes
- Travel % 90
- Mesa, AZ, USA