Senior Small Business Specialist
PAY RATE: $23.00/hr
LOCATION: Sierra Vista, AZ
SCHEDULE: Full time
- 40 hours per week, primarily daytime hours (8:00 AM – 5:00 PM) with occasional evenings
- Out of town travel less than 25% with possible overnight
- Market and promote VBOC services.
- Meet with small business owners and prospective owners who are VBOC clients.
- Interview and counsel to gather information about business fundamentals.
- Conduct independent research to supplement information gathered directly from clients.
- Analyze information gathered to formulate specific recommendations which would enhance the success of client’s businesses.
- Analyze impact on, and risk to, essential business functions or information systems to identify acceptable recovery time periods and resource requirements.
- Prepare written summaries of information, analysis’s and recommended actions for SBA reporting.
- Prepare and facilitate counseling sessions to small business owners on topics such as financial accounting, principles of marketing, and operations management.
- Counsel, evaluate, and revise workshops, content, and materials and methods of instruction based on needs for small business owners.
- Bachelor’s Degree in business administration or any business related field required, MBA preferred.
- Five (5) years of related work experience or combination of education, training, and experience that provides knowledge and abilities to train and counsel start-up, nascent and established entrepreneurs in financial, marketing, management and operational aspects of business ownership.
- Three (3) years of experience in creating and sustaining community partnerships or other stakeholder partnerships
- Two (2) years of program administration experience.
- Have a Class One Fingerprint Clearance Card or be able to pass various background checks in order to obtain one.
- Skills in Microsoft Office, specifically Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Experience in classroom instruction with adult participants.
- Possess a valid driver’s license with reliable transportation, current auto liability insurance and a clean 39-month motor vehicle record.
- Due to licensing requirements, employees must be a minimum 21 years of age.
We appreciate your interest in our organization. We consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, religion, color, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
A New Leaf is an at-will employer. Any offer of employment with A New Leaf is contingent upon a successful consumer report to include verification of employment, education, criminal background search and driving records.
A New Leaf is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and participates in the E-Verify program. A New Leaf participates in el program de E-Verify. Equal Opportunity Employer.
BENEFITS PACKAGE: All of our employees enjoy the following benefits: direct deposit, competitive pay, accrued sick time, Employee Assistance Program (EAP), annual team member appreciation event, informal, yet professional team environment.
For full time employees, we also provide the following included in the total compensation plan: Health/Dental/Vision Coverage, Accrued Sick and Vacation Time, Paid Holidays, Life Insurance, AD&D, Short Term Disability, 401(K), Tuition Reimbursement, and a Wellness Program which has received a Silver Level of excellence in worksite wellness by providing employees with Annual Biometrics, Gym Reimbursements, Wellness Initiatives, Workers Compensation improvements, and much more!
- Pay Type Hourly
- Travel Required Yes
- Travel % 25
- Required Education Bachelor’s Degree
- Sierra Vista, AZ, USA