Behavior Coach - West Valley
Parents and Children Teaming Together (PACTT) is an in-home and community-based support and rehabilitative health service for children and families with challenging needs. PACTT is a diverse team of behavior coaches providing individualized services to accomplish the goals determined by each Child and Family Team fitting the family’s culture, needs, and schedules.
PACTT is flexible according to the needs of the child and the family. PACTT serves over 100 children and families each year, working to encourage positive behavior and family dynamics. Our Behavior Coaches use Positive Behavioral Support practices, in accordance with the State of Arizona Meet Me Where I Am Campaign.
Schedules: Schedule varies, based on family needs, includes weekends and evenings.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Use your passenger vehicle to meet frequently with clients in their natural setting or the setting of their choice.
- Document and submit significant and routine paperwork such as progress notes, statistic reports, daily activities varied incident reports, etc., as required by the program.
- Engage in Family Centered, strength-based treatment planning and coordination and report client’s needs to Child and Family Team.
- Develop and maintain therapeutic relationships with clients and significant support systems.
- Provide information, education, guidance, advocacy and coordination of care to clients.
- Serves as a positive role model/mentor for client and accompany clients to approved activities.
- Follow prescribed treatment plans for children and show concern and caring for clients and their families.
- Strengthen connections to positive community resources identified by the Child and Family Team and works in conjunction with the treatment team to ensure coordination of services.
- Maintain accurate, thorough and current documentation of contact with clients/families.
- High School Diploma or GED required; Associate’s or Bachelor’s Degree in a related field preferred.
- Minimum of 6 weeks of behavioral health experience is required. Child welfare and/or prior behavior coaching experience is highly desired.
- The skills necessary to engage and work with others from diverse ethnic and cultural groups, coupled with maintaining professionalism at all times.
- Demonstrate and provide strong communications skills both verbally and in writing.
- Be committed to teamwork and have the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
- Possess a valid driver’s license with reliable transportation.
- Current auto liability insurance and a clean 39-month motor vehicle record.
- A Class One Fingerprint Clearance Card or be able to pass background checks in order to obtain one.
We appreciate your interest in our organization. We consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, religion, color, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
A New Leaf is an at-will employer. Any offer of employment with A New Leaf is contingent upon a successful consumer report to include verification of employment, education, criminal background search and driving records.
A New Leaf is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and participates in the E-Verify program. A New Leaf participates in el program de E-Verify. Equal Opportunity Employer.
BENEFITS PACKAGE: All of our employees enjoy the following benefits: direct deposit, competitive pay, accrued sick time, Employee Assistance Program (EAP), annual team member appreciation event, informal, yet professional team environment.
For full time employees, we also provide the following included in the total compensation plan: Health/Dental/Vision Coverage, Accrued Sick and Vacation Time, Paid Holidays, Life Insurance, AD&D, Short Term Disability, 401(K), Tuition Reimbursement, and a Wellness Program which has received a Silver Level of excellence in worksite wellness by providing employees with Annual Biometrics, Gym Reimbursements, Wellness Initiatives, Workers Compensation improvements, and much more!
- Pay Type Hourly
- Travel Required Yes
- Required Education High School
- Glendale, AZ, USA