Senior Grants Specialist
Since 1971, A New Leaf has faithfully worked in service to our mission of “Helping Families…Changing Lives,” making a positive impact in the lives of more than 30,000 people each year in the Phoenix Metropolitan area.
A New Leaf offers 30 programs focused on health, housing, education, and community services for more than 27,000 vulnerable and underserved families and individuals each year who are struggling with poverty, homelessness, domestic violence, and behavioral health challenges.
Hours: Full-Time, Monday - Friday 8:00am - 5:00pm
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Complete grant proposals/applications and reports as assigned to meet deadlines
- Research and analyze prospective grant opportunities utilizing logic model, and incorporating objectives, outcomes, and outputs
- Analyze and track program outcome data, and trends, and assess evaluation methodologies
- Collect program/project information and metrics as needed to draft grant proposals and reports
- Work with Finance team as needed to obtain program/project budgets and provide budgets for proposals and reports
- Submit grant proposal drafts for review as appropriate to supervisor, leadership, and program staff
- Review draft proposals/applications and provide feedback to Grants Specialist(s)
- Collaborate with team for reviewing content and incorporating feedback
- Collect and assemble required documentation for grant proposals and reports
- Attend and participate in team meetings, and other meetings as required
- Participate in professional development training and with professional associations as appropriate/approved
- Work cooperatively and respectfully with program staff, leadership, Board of Directors, funders, volunteers, and other stakeholders
- Five (5) years of experience in grant writing or professional writing
- Bachelor's Degree required in writing-intensive major such as English, Journalism, Communications or Marketing
- Knowledge of public and private funding sources and outcome evaluation methods
- Detail oriented/good organizational skills
- Efficient/deadline driven/good time management skills/ability to prioritize multiple projects
- Valid Driver’s License with reliable transportation
- Class One Fingerprint Clearance Card
- 39 Month Motor Vehicle Record
- Current Auto Liability Insurance
We appreciate your interest in our organization. We consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, religion, color, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
A New Leaf is an at-will employer. Any offer of employment with A New Leaf is contingent upon a successful consumer report to include verification of employment, education, criminal background search and driving records.
A New Leaf is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and participates in the E-Verify program. A New Leaf participates in el program de E-Verify. Equal Opportunity Employer.
BENEFITS PACKAGE: All of our employees enjoy the following benefits: direct deposit, competitive pay, accrued sick time, Employee Assistance Program (EAP), annual team member appreciation event, informal, yet professional team environment.
For full time employees, we also provide the following included in the total compensation plan: Health/Dental/Vision Coverage, Accrued Sick and Vacation Time, Paid Holidays, Life Insurance, AD&D, Short Term Disability, 401(K), Tuition Reimbursement, and a Wellness Program which has received a Silver Level of excellence in worksite wellness by providing employees with Annual Biometrics, Gym Reimbursements, Wellness Initiatives, Workers Compensation improvements, and much more!
- Pay Type Salary
- Required Education Bachelor’s Degree
- Mesa, AZ, USA