Part Time Staff Internal Auditor - Internal Audit
- General application of concepts and principles
- Handles the investigation, evaluation, and/or resolution of issues
- Respond to all inquiries timely
- Provide feedback to improve processes
- Works with other departments as needed
- Communicate effectively with all necessary parties
- Assists in preparation, coordination, and documentation of relevant processes
- Reviews documents for accuracy and completeness, gathering missing documentation as needed
- Efficient in Microsoft Office
- Understanding of Landstar’s business within our industry
- Analytical problem solving skills
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Superb interpersonal skills fostering a positive work environment
- Desire to learn and grow
- Professional demeanor
- Good organizational skills
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Minimum Education: High School Diploma or GED required; Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university in Accounting, Business or related concentration, preferred
Minimum Experience: One to two years of SOX audit experience preferred OR similar audit experience is acceptable with Accounting background and/or education
DEPARTMENT SPECIFIC DUTIES and/or SKILLS
Support the Internal Audit Director and Manager in performance of the annual audit plan through completion of individually assigned audits.
Gather relevant background information as required by the underlying business risks, audit scope and objective
Review existing audit test steps for ongoing applicability
Design new audit test steps as needed in conjunction with the Audit Manager
Prepare clear, concise audit work papers in accordance with department methodology and quality requirements, sufficient to allow reperformance and support the conclusion reached.
Draw objective conclusions and report findings of the adequacy and effectiveness of the company’s internal control and business practice frameworks.
Maintain sound communication and relationships throughout the entire lifecycle of the audit with both Internal Audit management and business management.
Consult timely with Internal Audit Manager when experiencing difficulties
Monitor completion of assigned tasks and report progress and issues in a timely manner to Internal Audit Director and/or Manager.
Promote awareness of policies and best practices.
Assist Landstar employees in developing, documenting and improving work processes.
Provide guidance and recommendations for continual improvement and implementation of processes.
- Support external auditors as required
- Other duties as assigned
Landstar is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. Landstar will provide reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities where appropriate. Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process should send an e-mail to email@example.com.
Landstar uses application information only for employment related purposes, including background investigations and regulatory compliance. Landstar will not disclose the information to any other person or entity, unless compelled by force of law. Landstar stores your application information on computers operated by Ceridian. This on-line application software is provided by Ceridian under an agreement which specifies that Ceridian will not disclose or make any use of application information stored on its secure servers.
- Pay Type Salary
- Landstar System, Inc., 13410 Sutton Park Dr S, Jacksonville, Florida, United States of America