Production Tech III-Fabrication (2nd shift)
Since 1941, we’ve positioned KI as the furniture company that best understands the furniture industry and is committed to providing customers with the smart solutions. By targeting specific markets with solutions for business furniture, university furniture, educational furniture, healthcare furniture and government furniture, we can quickly respond to our customers’ unique needs – including the choice to procure furniture according to what fits their ordering and fulfillment process. That’s why we say we offer far more than furniture. We’re Furnishing Knowledge.
- Read and understand shop orders
- Use internet to pull blueprints for orders
- Read blue print to ensure the correct material is being used
- Understand material, quantity, next operation and how to kit job
- Understand scrap reporting
- Understand alternate material reporting
- Understand packet system and BPCS
- Wire weld steel and aluminum parts
- Spot weld parts
- Load pieces into robots and other machines
- Machine set ups which include wire changes, minor adjustments to machine, whip and gun
- Troubleshoot problems with welding machines and related equipment
- Clean and lubricate machines as needed
- Understanding of fixtures used in fabrication
- Participate in continuous improvement activities (Kaizen events, layout planning, Value Stream Mapping as events happen)
- Provide suggestions for continuous improvement
- Monitor productivity and downtime issues to provide suggestions
- Be open to changes occurring to improve processes
Qualified candidates should have a positive attitude, willingness to learn, be motivated to attend work regularly, have an interest in personal development/growth, and be able to work well with others in a team setting.
KI offers a competitive benefits package including Education Reimbursement, Health, Dental, Vision, Life, Critical Illness, and Accident Insurance. In addition, KI offers 401K, a great work atmosphere and a focus on health and wellness. KI is truly an employer of choice in the area for these reasons.
Apply today to express your interest and learn more about KI. If you need assistance, please contact HR.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Job Start Date Wednesday, March 11, 2020
- Job End Date Tuesday, May 12, 2020
- Manitowoc, WI - Manufacturing, 1400 S 41st St, Manitowoc, Wisconsin, United States of America