2nd Shift Tool & Die/Machinist
Since 1941, we’ve positioned KI as the furniture company that best understands the furniture industry and is committed to providing customers with the smart solutions. By targeting specific markets with solutions for business furniture, university furniture, educational furniture, healthcare furniture and government furniture, we can quickly respond to our customers’ unique needs – including the choice to procure furniture according to what fits their ordering and fulfillment process. That’s why we say we offer far more than furniture. We’re Furnishing Knowledge.
KI, a world class supplier of innovative and award-winning furniture solutions for business, educational and healthcare environments is seeking a full time Tool and Die Maker/Machinist to join our Green Bay Manufacturing Facility on 2nd Shift.
The Tool and Die Maker/Machinist is responsible for producing and repairing dies, fixtures, molds, tooling and other equipment required in the manufacturing process. This is a support position whose main objective is to support the productivity of production areas through proper tooling techniques.
- Design, build and repair dies, fixtures, molds, tooling equipment, etc.
- Operate tool room equipment (mills, lathes, grinders, drill presses, etc.)
- Read and understand blueprints
- Sketch components complete with essential dimensions.
- Use inspection instruments (micrometers, calipers, gauges, etc.)
- Work closely with engineers and production/support technicians.
- Assist in development of new plant equipment
- Make suggestions for improvement
- Completion of a Journeyman Tool & Die program, Journeyman Machinist program, an Associate degree in Machine Tool Technology or equivalent degree.
- Minimum of 3 years Tool & Die/Machinist experience
Qualities that add value:
- Understanding of basic geometry, trigonometry and algebra.
- Utilize CAD software
- Able to understand and apply hydraulic and pneumatic principals
- Ability to utilize SURFCAM (CAD/CAM) software.
- Leadership ability
- Willingness to learn
- Good communication skills
- Strong hand/eye coordination
- Team Player
- Pay Type Hourly
- Green Bay, WI - Manufacturing, 1330 Bellevue St, Green Bay, Wisconsin, United States of America