Since 1941, we’ve positioned KI as the furniture company that best understands the furniture industry and is committed to providing customers with the smart solutions. By targeting specific markets with solutions for business furniture, university furniture, educational furniture, healthcare furniture and government furniture, we can quickly respond to our customers’ unique needs – including the choice to procure furniture according to what fits their ordering and fulfillment process. That’s why we say we offer far more than furniture. We’re Furnishing Knowledge.
KI is seeking a Buyer for our Manufacturing plant in Tupelo, MS. This position is responsible for sourcing and purchasing materials and components to support manufacturing operations. This role is also responsible for continuous supplier improvement.
- Purchasing & Inventory Control (60%)
- Analyze inventory levels for assigned items and quantities to be purchased.
- Place purchase orders with suppliers for materials and components used in the production process.
- Work with suppliers on delivery date changes, quantity changes and cancellations.
- Update plant operations of any potential material availability considerations.
- Provide suppliers with projected usage and stocking level input.
- Visual color matching of components to color standards.
- Supplier Sourcing (20%)
- Identify potential supplier sources capable of meeting requirements consistent with MWBE policy.
- Drive to prospective supplier factories and visually evaluate the physical conditions and processes deployed on the plant floor and in the office.
- Negotiate pricing, terms, and conditions.
- Supplier Development (20%)
- Notify suppliers of quality concerns and work with them on root cause identification and corrective action.
- Work with suppliers to identify and implement cost savings ideas (CSI).
- Work with suppliers to deploy lean principles and quick response manufacturing concepts in their operations.
Bachelor's Degree in Business with emphasis on Supply Chain related principles
Minimum 2 years professional experience in purchasing, inventory management, production planning, or related fields.
Proficiency in Microsoft Office and MRP systems
Experience with ISO requirements and audits a plus
- Pay Type Salary
- Travel Required Yes
- Travel % 10
- Tupelo, MS - Manufacturing, 2112 South Green Street, Tupelo, Mississippi, United States of America