Equipment Operator- 3rd Shift (L17)
Equipment Operator-3rd Shift (L17)
- Proficient in all Packaging Operator & Material Operator responsibilities/accountabilities.
- Operates and maintains major equipment, including but not limited to fillers, labelers and Terco equipment.
- Prepares and performs minor repairs and adjustments on equipment to maximize production runs.
- Performs rinses, Clean-In-Place (CIP) washes and changeovers on equipment.
- Prepares and maintains accurate and timely documentation in accordance with applicable SOPs and WIs.
- Assists Zone Mechanics with Preventative Maintenance (PM) on equipment.
- Reports any equipment malfunctions or abnormal operations to the Zone Mechanic and Line Leader.
- Audits to ensure finished products meet quality specifications, including proper appearance, label placement, and correct batch code.
- Performs all work in a manner that is consistent with the company’s quality system and FDA good manufacturing practices, includes maintaining a clean and orderly production area at all times.
- Follows, promotes and enforces KDC’s safety and environmental policies, practices and procedures.
- Functions as a back-up to the Lead, as requested by management.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Two years of experience in a manufacturing environment preferred.
- HS Diploma or GED equivalent is highly preferred. In lieu of Diploma or GED, years of experience, knowledge, skills and fit will be considered.
- SAP and HMI experience preferred.
- Ability to promote and participate in a team-oriented and collaborative environment.
- Ability to adapt to rotating assignments with a positive attitude and results.
- Strong problem solving, analytical methods and technical skills.
- Good understanding of FDA Good Manufacturing Practices Regulations (GMP’s) and OSHA safety requirements.
- Self-starter with strong work ethic and positive attitude.
- Strong communication (both written and oral), interpersonal, team building and organizational skills.
- Must be able to understand and complete procedure documents in accordance with SOPs and WIs.
- Ability to perform multiple tasks simultaneously and manage time efficiently and effectively.
- Must be 18 years or older.
- Able to work overtime & weekends as required.
- Wear hairnet, safety glasses, long pants, steel toe shoes/boots and any other uniform standards.
- Read, comprehend and follow written and verbal instructions, including SOPs.
- Sit, bend, stoop, climb, and stand for long periods of time in one place.
- Lift items up to 50 lbs.
KDC-ONE is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, age, sex, gender, disability or any other characteristic protected by law. I understand that employment with KDC-ONE Company is at-will, meaning that I or KDC-ONE Company may terminate my employment at any time, or for any reason consistent with applicable state or federal law. I understand that KDC-One requires the successful completion of a drug and/or alcohol test as a condition of employment.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Employment Indicator Direct
- Travel Required No
- Columbus, 8860 Smith's Mill Rd, New Albany, Ohio, United States of America