Compounding Material Handler-12 Hour Shift (6:00 am-6:00 pm)
Compounding Material Handler-1st Shift
The Compounding Material Handler assists the Preweigh, Compounding, and Production areas with handling raw materials required for manufacturing/filling of bulk product, and in accordance with company Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) and/or Work Instructions (WI).
- Operates all processing and powered industrial equipment according to operational procedures, safety requirements and GMP regulations.
- Cleans and sanitizes tools, hoses, stainless steel totes, pumps and all other ancillary equipment for the Production and Compounding areas. Records these actions in the appropriate logs.
- Transfers completed batches from all compounding mix tanks to totes and finished product tanks to meet the manufacturing and production schedules.
- Performs product rework as required.
- Stages batching KITS from lower to upper compounding areas.
- Handles and labels both hazardous and non-hazardous waste according to standard operating procedures (SOP) and work instructions (WI).
- Completes all documentation according to standard operating procedures (SOPs) and work instructions (WI).
- Gathers and delivers quality samples for lab testing associated with bulk transfers.
- Performs all work in a manner that is consistent with the company’s quality system and FDA good manufacturing practices, includes maintaining a clean and orderly area at all times.
- Follows, promotes and enforces KDC’s safety and environmental policies, practices and procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education & Experience:
High school diploma/GED equivalent.
Compounding/processing, pre-weigh or sanitization experience preferred.
SAP experience preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Ability to promote and participate in a team-oriented and collaborative environment.
- Ability to adapt to rotating assignments with a positive attitude and results.
- Strong problem solving, analytical methods and technical skills.
- Good understanding of FDA Good Manufacturing Practices Regulations (GMP’s) and OSHA safety requirements.
- Self-starter with strong work ethic and positive attitude.
- Strong communication (both written and oral), interpersonal, team building and organizational skills.
- Must be able to understand and complete procedure documents in accordance with SOPs and WIs.
- Ability to perform multiple tasks simultaneously and manage time efficiently and effectively.
- Ability to use measuring and testing devices.
Must be 18 years or older.
Able to work overtime & weekends as required.
- Read, comprehend and follow written and verbal instructions, including SOPs.
- Good working conditions; climate controlled.
- Exposure to frequent movement of motorized equipment, including electric pallet jacks, forklifts, etc.
Wear hairnet, safety glasses, long pants, steel toe shoes/boots and any other uniform standards.
Sit, bend, stoop, climb, and stand for long periods of time in one place.
- Exposure to a variety of cleaners and sanitizers, hot water and chemicals.
- Ability to work in a wet environment.
Lift items up to 80 lbs. and move drum containers weighing up to 600lbs using the appropriate powered industrial equipment.
KDC-ONE is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, age, sex, gender, disability or any other characteristic protected by law. I understand that employment with KDC-ONE Company is at-will, meaning that I or KDC-ONE Company may terminate my employment at any time, or for any reason consistent with applicable state or federal law. I understand that KDC-One requires the successful completion of a drug and/or alcohol test as a condition of employment.
- Pay Type Hourly