Pre-Weigh Technician - Night Shift
Job Description: Pre-Weigh Technician
Reporting Structure: Reports to Manufacturing Manager/Manufacturing Supervisor
Reporting to this Position: No direct reports.
To organize, weigh and prepare all raw materials necessary for the manufacture of product based on batch card provided.
- Review batch card prior to commencing with the pre-weigh process for any questions.
- Verify accuracy of weigh scales.
- Check raw material status before pre-weigh process.
- Record inventory movement activities using radio frequency devices (scan guns).
- Weigh materials in accordance with batch card requirements.
- Prepare all necessary paperwork: in process labels, weight sheets etc for assigned batch to be pre-weighed.
- Clean and sanitize all ancillary equipment.
- Report any raw material discrepancies to supervisor
- Clear all materials from pre-weigh area before commencing another batch card process.
- Provide general housekeeping to all manufacturing areas as required.
Perform other duties as assigned.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Excellent oral, written and interpersonal communication skills. Basic use of the English language.
- Possess knowledge of proper use of weight scales.
- Fork Lift certification required.
- Knowledge of use of radio frequency devices (RF scanners)
- Detail Oriented with impeccable organizational skills.
- Scientific Math Aptitude. Must be able to make conversions from pounds to kilos.
- Has basic working knowledge and understanding of commonly used concepts, practices and procedures within the field.
- Ability to work independently, self- motivated.
- Must be available for overtime shifts when production schedules warrant, be well-disciplined, dependable and able to work under scheduling pressures.
- Basic computer proficiency.
Adhere to GMP’s (Good Manufacturing Practices), and all related safety protocols.
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to walk; sit; use hands; handle and feel objects; tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; balance; stoop; talk or hear. Specific vision requirements for the use of computer monitors and scale readouts include close vision; peripheral vision; depth perception and the ability to focus. Employee may occasionally be required to lift and/or move up to an excess of 70 lbs. and moving/and or positioning of drums in excess of 400 pounds.
Work Environment: While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be exposed to weather conditions prevalent at the time (heat/cold associated with the dock doors being opened in adjoining warehouse department). The noise level in the work environment is usually minimal.
High School diploma or equivalent. Minimum 2-5 years’ experience in a manufacturing environment of cosmetics/personal care products.
This position is classified non-exempt.
KDC-ONE is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, age, sex, gender, disability or any other characteristic protected by law. I understand that employment with KDC-ONE Company is at-will, meaning that I or KDC-ONE Company may terminate my employment at any time, or for any reason consistent with applicable state or federal law.
KDC-ONE is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, age, sex, gender, disability or any other characteristic protected by law. I understand that employment with KDC-ONE Company is at-will, meaning that I or KDC-ONE Company may terminate my employment at any time, or for any reason consistent with applicable state or federal law. I understand that KDC-One requires the successful completion of a drug and/or alcohol test as a condition of employment.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Travel Required No
- Required Education High School
- Chemaid, 100 Mayhill Street, Saddle Brook, New Jersey, United States of America