Branch Operations Assistant (York, PA)
The Branch Operations Assistant works closely with the Branch Operations Manager or Branch Manager to ensure that all operations functions are promptly and accurately performed at the branch. The Branch Operations Assistant may be the primary liaison with home office departments including Operations, Human Resources, Compliance, Training and Private Client Group (PCG) Administration.
- Receiving visitors at the front desk by greeting, welcoming, directing and announcing them.
- Answering screening and forwarding incoming phone calls.
- Receiving and sorting daily mail and faxes.
- Be knowledgeable of and comply with all firm policies and procedures.
- Be knowledgeable of all firm technology.
- Process deposits and disbursements, review for appropriateness and accuracy.
- Prepare and make bank deposits.
- Receive, prioritize and process orders.
- Evaluate margin requirements.
- Process and obtain approvals for legal transfers and stock options.
- Forward securities and supporting documentation to home office.
- Perform other duties as required that contribute to the overall effectiveness of the branch office and individual FAs.
- Assist peers when necessary.
- Assist FAs and Branch Manager in the ongoing development and maintenance of effective client relationships as determined by the Branch Manager.
- High School diploma
- Prior office experience preferred but not required
- Excellent customer service skills
- Computer skills in Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Good math skills
- Able to work effectively in a fast paced, deadline oriented environment
- Strong attention to detail
- Able to work effectively as part of a team
- High ethical standards
Janney is dedicated to promoting and supporting diversity within our workplace. We provide an environment that promotes respect, integrity, teamwork, achievement and acceptance regardless of age, disability, education, gender, gender expression, gender identity, job level, marital status, military status, national origin, parental status, pregnancy, race, religion, sexual orientation, socioeconomic status, or other protected factors. Janney is committed to equal employment opportunities and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Janney Montgomery Scott LLC, 2315 North Susquehanna Trail, York, Pennsylvania, United States of America