Mutual Fund & ETF Consultant
The Mutual Fund & ETF Consultant will be responsible for managing the strategic priorities of these solutions within Wealth Management. More specifically, the candidate will be responsible for overall relationship management of our Mutual Fund & ETF partner firms, focusing on strategically managing the engagement of these firms across the organization. This requires a strong understanding of Janney and the partner firm’s initiatives to align business strategy/products in an effort to help achieve sales goals within Retail Brokerage and Advisory Solutions. This role is involved with the development of product strategy and policy, as well as representing the partner firms in cross-organizational initiatives associated with management of the mutual fund product line and value-add content.
External Partner Relationships:
- Build and manage business relationships with external firm representatives and proactively integrate their goals and priorities into business segment initiatives across the company
- Track product flows and update management regularly on key changes
- Participate in meetings with senior leaders from external partner firms – includes National Accounts, Sales Managers, Research, and Marketing
- Manage the firm’s 529 platform and be a key resource for Advisors
- Understand firm value-add content to increase usage in the field, drive partner firm participation at conferences and manage opportunities for various marketing channels
- Provide thought leadership in the development and implementation of targeted sales strategies
Internal Partner Relationships:
- Collaborate with other WM product managers in managing partner firm relationships related to other products and platforms (i.e. Advisory Solutions).
- Build and maintain relationships with internal business partners and their leaders (Operations, Legal, Compliance, etc.)
- Support placement and sales of funds in our brokerage and advisory platforms
- Management of fund firm agreements that includes economic changes and annual rate audit
- Annual planning and management of partner firm sponsorship
- Lead and support improvements to business processes and procedures via a thorough knowledge of the mutual fund and ETF offering and competitive landscape
- Serve as a department business leader for product compliance, field training and implementation, marketing and operations
- 5+ years’ experience in the financial services industry, preferably within product management and a background in mutual funds
- Understanding of product sales processes
- Detail-oriented self-starter with exceptional interactive people skills
- Ability to influence and collaborate with others at all levels to drive results
- Strategic and forward-thinking mindset
- Demonstrated responsiveness and urgency in meeting and exceeding business partners’ needs
- Ability to lead the management of relationships, problem solving and driving results with a demonstrated desire for attainment of expert knowledge.
- Possess the ability to quickly understand complex or ambiguous issues; troubleshoot.
- Demonstrated strong decision making in a changing environment
- Experience working and communicating with advisors as well as vendor firms
- Knowledge of advisory platforms and 529 Plans
- Active FINRA Series 7 License or ability to obtain within 120 days
- Pay Type Salary
- Janney Montgomery Scott LLC, 1717 Arch Street, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States of America