The Janney Wealth Planning team creates, delivers and helps implement customized Financial and Estate plans to clients of the firm. The needs of these clients may range from simple to complex and the clients themselves are often High or Ultra High Net Worth individuals. The responsibility of the team, which consists of attorneys, accountants and professional planners, is to help our Financial Advisors
(FAs) match our firm’s comprehensive services, solutions and strategies to fulfill the needs of their clients.
This role is going to be a unique opportunity for someone who wants to advance their planning knowledge yet has an interest in financial planning technology. The individual in this role is going to lead the customization and maintenance of the client facing planning tool that our advisors use interactively to engage their clients in the financial planning process. While this position is not a sales position, it will involve speaking with Janney’s FAs and their clients and advising on what strategies make sense based on their financial situation.
This position will be located in Philadelphia and may require occasional travel to assist with the training and marketing of our Financial Planning Platform.
- Assists with training advisors on how to use our planning technology to improve their practice
- Helps advisors design financial plans
- Troubleshoots financial planning issues within Janney’s financial planning software with advisors
- Develops and maintains the Presentation tool within the financial planning software
- Provides virtual meeting expertise with Janney’s FAs in meeting with clients and prospects
- Acts as an internal consultant to provide subject matter expertise to FAs, their clients and outside trusted advisors
- Keeps current on financial planning topics, researches issues, answers questions, and assists with finding solutions for field and home office employees
- Establishes referral paths to other areas of Wealth Management
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- 0-3 years of professional financial planning experience preferred
- FINRA Series 7 and 66 licenses, or the ability to obtain the following within 6 months of hire: FINRA’s Securities Industry Essentials (SIE), FINRA Series 7 and 66 licenses
- Certified Financial Planner (CFP®) designation a plus
- Customer service experience
- Strong interpersonal skills, able to work well both individually and collaboratively in a team
- Skilled at critical thinking
- High ethical standards
- Detail-oriented and takes pride in accomplishing a wide variety of tasks in a fast-paced environment
Janney is dedicated to promoting and supporting diversity within our workplace. We provide an environment that promotes respect, integrity, teamwork, achievement and acceptance regardless of age, disability, education, gender, gender expression, gender identity, job level, marital status, military status, national origin, parental status, pregnancy, race, religion, sexual orientation, socioeconomic status, or other protected factors. Janney is committed to equal employment opportunities and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities.
- Pay Type Salary
- Janney Montgomery Scott LLC, 1717 Arch Street, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States of America