Administrative Assistant, Practice Management Group
Janney is seeking an experienced, highly professional and detail-oriented Administrative Assistant to support the Director of Practice Management Group (PMG). This individual will be responsible for administrative duties, special projects, and project coordination for the department. This position requires strong project management skills as this person will be responsible for managing project inventory and workflow across the team, ensuring projects run smoothly and efficiently.
The Practice Management Group (PMG) helps Janney Financial Advisors retain and grow their advisory practice and empower them to deliver trusted advice and successful outcomes to their clients. The Director of Practice Management Group oversees Practice Management & Training (PMT), Learning, Teaming and Business Development. The team supports the Private Client Group (PCG), who serve individual investors with comprehensive financial advice, a wide range of financial solutions and service through Financial Advisors (FAs) located in branch offices spread along the East Coast.
Department Administrative Assistant:
- Assist the Director of Practice Management Group with routine tasks, scheduling and making travel arrangements.
- Provide general administrative support to the entire PMG team, including but not limited to meeting scheduling, preparing agendas, calendar and phone management, travel arrangements and expense reporting.
- Organize and coordinate schedules for meetings, conferences and special events.
- Track expenses, invoices and terms of key vendor contracts.
- Assist with periodic event planning, including coordinating schedules, technology for presentations, and catering.
- Assist in the preparation of documents, spreadsheets, presentations, and maintenance of databases.
- Administer departmental newsletter and ongoing communications.
- Assist with special projects or other duties as needed.
- Work closely with team members to identify projects, prioritize and set associated deadlines.
- Manage project workflow across the team; identify and work with team leads to improve workflow and/or resolve any issues that may arise.
- Lead and/or facilitate team meetings and communications among team members that align team member responsibilities for creative production and distribution of marketing and corporate communications.
- Create, track and maintain the team’s production calendar and project database in order to keep the team on deadline.
- Coordinate and prepare a weekly project status report for various projects across the team.
- Research and introduce new technology to manage projects.
- 3-5 years of related administrative business experience preferred.
- Working knowledge of financial services industry is a plus.
- A collaborative team player who is able to work effectively with all levels of employees.
- Highly organized, self-starter with the ability to manage multiple tasks/projects at any given time and adept in establishing priorities.
- Strong sense of urgency and ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent client service demeanor, good phone skills with the ability to handle multiple phone lines. High level of professionalism and business etiquette.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Project management skills preferred but not required.
- Technically proficient in MS Office Suite: PowerPoint, Excel, Word and Outlook.
- Highly ethical - must be able to handle sensitive/confidential information.
- Experience with client relationship database management (CRM) systems preferred.
Janney is dedicated to promoting and supporting diversity within our workplace. We provide an environment that promotes respect, integrity, teamwork, achievement and acceptance regardless of age, disability, education, gender, gender expression, gender identity, job level, marital status, military status, national origin, parental status, pregnancy, race, religion, sexual orientation, socioeconomic status, or other protected factors. Janney is committed to equal employment opportunities and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Janney Montgomery Scott LLC, 1717 Arch Street, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States of America