Mutual Funds Associate
The Mutual Fund Associate will handle all functions associated with accounts holding Mutual Fund positions. All processing must be done in accordance with regulatory requirements. Associate will also be expected to handle a high volume of phone and email inquiries.
Process requests to network mutual fund positions with the firm
Monitor trades and interact with the FA’s, PCA’s, Mutual Fund companies, and our OMNIBUS vendor
Process cancels and re-bills of trades input into the system and send letter to fund when necessary
Balance daily settlement of NSCC Fund Serve Trading vs. General Ledger account
Process transfers upon request
Process all Fed Wires coming into clearing account for settlement trades, canceled trades, etc.
Process commissions and 12B-1 trails both manually and electronically via NSCC Fund Serve
Network and maintain all accounts
- 1-2 years of related operations experience preferred, preferably in mutual funds; working knowledge of the financial industry a plus
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Series 7 preferred or ability to obtain within 6 months of hire
- Self-motivated with a strong sense of responsibility to the business
- Team player with effective interpersonal skills
- Problem solving abilities
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment, work well under pressure and meet deadlines
- Technically proficient in Microsoft Office Suite Products, Analytics, and Robotics
- Technically proficient in ThomsonOne, Reuters and Beta Systems or the ability to learn
- Familiarity with Bloomberg a plus
- Familiarity with DST Vision
Janney is dedicated to promoting and supporting diversity within our workplace. We provide an environment that promotes respect, integrity, teamwork, achievement and acceptance regardless of age, disability, education, gender, gender expression, gender identity, job level, marital status, military status, national origin, parental status, pregnancy, race, religion, sexual orientation, socioeconomic status, or other protected factors. Janney is committed to equal employment opportunities and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities.
- Janney Montgomery Scott LLC, 1717 Arch Street, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States of America