Business Development Officer
The Business Development Officer (BDO) is responsible for promoting advice beyond investments to drive organic growth in Janney’s Southern Region. The BDO will work directly with Financial Advisors (FAs), Branch Office Managers (BOMs), and Regional Managers to demonstrate the value of advice beyond investments and help advisors incorporate a planning based approach that allows them to drive revenue and better serve their clients while positioning their practice for future growth. As an integral part of the Practice Management Group (PMG), the BDO will partner with advisors and leverage home office resources including Practice Management and Training (PMT), Marketing, Wealth Management, Learning and Teaming specialists. The preferred location for this position is a Janney office in Atlanta or Charlotte.
• Build relationships with BOMs and FAs in the region to support the growth of advisory business and planning centric practices.
• Work to support business growth among the FAs in the region by effecting a change in thinking toward a planning and advice centric model.
• Research best practices in the industry through analysis of our top FAs, industry experts, and home office resources, and deliver that information clearly and effectively to the region.
• Encourage and assist FAs in leveraging Janney’s Wealth Management Department, including Advisory Services, Retirement Plan Services, Wealth Planning, Financial Planning and Investment Solutions.
• Educate FAs on financial planning capabilities available and best practices.
• Work closely with Wealth Planning Department in the home office to support business development and client servicing efforts and receive technical and planning support.
• Work closely with our teaming specialist, regional managers and BOMs to help FAs build effective teams and succession planning.
Required Experience and Skills:
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience.
• 5-7 years of experience in the investment industry.
• Client facing financial planning and/or investment advisory experience preferred.
• FINRA Series 7 & 66 (63 & 65) required (or ability to obtain within 6 months).
• Certified Financial Planner (CFP) or ChFC designations preferred.
• Ability to communicate complex ideas in a compelling, actionable way.
• Strong attention to detail.
• Strong interpersonal skills and able to work well both individually and collaboratively on a team.
• Ability to work well under pressure to meet deadline in a fast-paced environment.
• Strong time management skills.
• Technically proficient in Microsoft Office Products.
• Skilled at critical thinking.
• High ethical standards.
• Must be able to travel extensively within the Southeast and Florida (40-50%).
Janney is dedicated to promoting and supporting diversity within our workplace. We provide an environment that promotes respect, integrity, teamwork, achievement and acceptance regardless of age, disability, education, gender, gender expression, gender identity, job level, marital status, military status, national origin, parental status, pregnancy, race, religion, sexual orientation, socioeconomic status, or other protected factors. Janney is committed to equal employment opportunities and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities.
- Pay Type Salary
- Janney Montgomery Scott LLC, 3630 Peachtree Road NE, Atlanta, Georgia, United States of America