Branch Office Manager (Charlotte, NC)
The Branch Office Manager (BOM) is responsible for the overall management and supervision of the branch office. In a complex, the Branch Manager will report to the Complex Manager. In a stand alone branch, the BOM will report to the Regional Manager. The BOM is responsible for managing all aspects of the business of the branch including the growth of revenue, the recruiting of Financial Advisors, risk management and the bottom line probability of the branch.
- Responsible for all supervision as required by firm policy and procedure. That includes but is not limited to the daily reviews of all client transitions, monthly review of all active client accounts, review all sales correspondences, and seminar materials, review of all e-mails and fax transmissions and all new account forms, updates to new account information and address changes
- Develop a communication plan with in the branch to ensure that firm news and communication is reaching all Financial Advisors
- Remain knowledgeable of all industry rules and regulations as well as firm policy and procedures
- Works closely with the Financial Advisors and Regional Managers to develop individual business plans to increase their production and gather assets
- Coordinate all firm resources to facilitate the professional development of the Financial Advisors and of the branch staff
- Insure that all Financial Advisors participate in weekly sales calls, product sponsor meetings and training opportunities
- Work closely with the Marketing Department to ensure that the Janney name and brand is actively marketed within their community
Requirements and Qualifications:
- BA/BS in business or related area is preferred and an MBA is a plus
- 8-10 years of related management experience in the retail brokerage industry
- Professional Licenses: Series 7, 9 and 10, 24, 63, and 66 licenses
- CIMA/CFP/CFA or related designations is preferred
- Ability to motivate; leads, and inspires branch office FAs and support staff
- Demonstrated experience in managing P&L
- Must have excellent skills in critical thinking, problem solving, communication and customer relationship building.
- A strong understanding of the financial services regulatory landscape
- Innovative and creative
- Establish and foster strong community relations
- Proven skill in public speaking and giving group presentations.
- Proven skill in managing multiple tasks and in establishing priorities.
- Ability to coordinate efforts with all areas of branch operations and home office.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Continually fosters team spirit among throughout the branch, particularly between FAs and support staff
- High ethical standards
Janney is dedicated to promoting and supporting diversity within our workplace. We provide an environment that promotes respect, integrity, teamwork, achievement and acceptance regardless of age, disability, education, gender, gender expression, gender identity, job level, marital status, military status, national origin, parental status, pregnancy, race, religion, sexual orientation, socioeconomic status, or other protected factors. Janney is committed to equal employment opportunities and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities.
- Janney Montgomery Scott LLC, 4064 Colony Road, Charlotte, North Carolina, United States of America