Data Insights Analyst
Are you intrigued by big data? Are you passionate about creating and improving client relations to provide stakeholders with data and insights that advance the work of the organization? The Indiana University Foundation is seeking an inquisitive, collaborative, CRM expert to serve as the Data Insights Analyst on the Marketing and Annual Giving team. Reporting to the CRM Insights Manager, the Data Insights Analyst will work cross functionally with our Advancement Data Services team to leverage data and deliver results and analysis, backed by marketing experience and forward-thinking insight. This person will become an expert in Blackbaud, our CRM platform, and will master query building in this unique platform, as well as Cream and Crimson, two custom-built donor databases. We are seeking an independent and self- driven professional who is willing to jump in and ask questions, learn, and proactively seek process improvements to best perform their function and help drive the important work of the Marketing and Annual giving team.
· Bachelor’s degree required
· 2 or more years of professional experience
· Experience with modern marketing tools and strategies
· Experience in higher education, nonprofits, fundraising, or marketing preferred
· Experience with data transformation tools such as SQL Server Management Studio, SAS and Tableau preferred
Knowledge and Skills
· An excitement for building new strategies and business insights.
· Detail oriented mindset resulting in high quality work and a strong, proactive follow through.
· Collaborative problem solving approach with the ability to work individually or with a team.
· Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to build “trust” with internal and external stakeholders.
· Effective communicator and listener.
· Ability to gather, analyze, interpret, and translate data into meaningful insights.
· Delivering data, information, and insights in a secure manner.
· Ability to analyze and document complex business processes.
· Strong organization and time management skills.
· Ability to work in a fast-paced, high-volume environment.
· Ability to effectively manage tasks and meet deadlines.
About Marketing and Annual Giving at the IU Foundation
The Marketing and Annual Giving department is responsible for sustaining a healthy donor pipeline for Indiana University by coordinating centralized university fundraising communications on behalf of IU units and campuses. The department focuses on growing IU’s total donor count by crafting and deploying engagement, fundraising, and stewardship programs that serve the needs of IU’s donors and prospective donors.
About the Indiana University Foundation
Founded in 1936, the Indiana University Foundation maximizes private support for Indiana University by fostering lifelong relationships with key stakeholders, providing advancement leadership, and fundraising services for campuses and units across the university. Today, the IU Foundation oversees one of the largest public university endowments in the country, with a market value in excess of $2 billion. IU is consistently ranked among the top four of Big Ten universities in annual voluntary support.
Visit https://jobs.iuf.iu.edu/jobs/Default.aspx to submit resume for application. A cover letter is required for consideration. Please combine your cover letter and resume into one document, and upload under the resume upload section of the application. Applications will be accepted through November 24th, 2019.
The IU Foundation is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against candidates on the basis of race, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status or veteran status. Women, people of color, LGBTQ individuals, and members of other minority or marginalized groups are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Pay Type Salary
- Bloomington, IN, USA
- Indianapolis, IN, USA