Intern - Machine learning based LMP consistency monitor
Business Architecture and Technology (BAT) department is responsible for research and development at ISO New England. BAT provides technical consultation and quantitative analysis services to other departments in the company, making significant contributions to improving the system reliability and increasing market efficiency in the ISO New England control area. Candidates are expected to develop machine learning/data analysis models to identify possible LMP inconsistency using historical data.
How You Will Make an Impact:
- Gather historical LMP data
- Select appropriate statistical or prediction models to identify the potential LMP inconsistency
- Analyze possible arbitrage behaviors
- Familiar with various financial instruments in electricity power markets
- Knowledge of machine learning and data analysis
- Ability to investigate issues and solve problems both independently and collaboratively
- 2-3 years completed in a PhD program in computer science, statistics, or electric/industrial engineering
- Experience in the area of electricity market trading strategies
- Strong communication and presentation skills
Preferred Majors: Computer Science, Statistics, or Electric/Industrial Engineering
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer. Applicants for employment are considered without regard to race, creed, color, citizenship, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, age, disability, status as a veteran, Vietnam Era Veteran, or being a member of the Reserves or National Guard.
Drug Free Environment
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
Social Networking Notice ISO New England reserves the right to review the candidate's postings on any social networking site accessible in the public domain as part of the candidate assessment process.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Job Start Date Monday, June 1, 2020
- Job End Date Friday, August 14, 2020
- ISO New England Inc., One Sullivan Road, Holyoke, Massachusetts, United States of America