Intern - Measurement Based Dynamic Equivalent and Transient Stability Assessment Tool Enhancement
How Will You Make an Impact:
- Conduct the research of dynamic equivalent of external systems using PMU measurements
- Study the Transmission Operation Guides
- Work with ISO engineers to add additional interface limits to the on-line transient stability assessment tool (TSAT)
- Strong power system transient stability background
- Excellent mathematical and programming skills
- Familiarity with Synchrophasor technology a plus
- Experience in using TSAT, PSS/E and PowerWorld software in transient stability simulation a plus
Minimum Education Level: PhD
Preferred Majors: Power System Engineering
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer. Applicants for employment are considered without regard to race, creed, color, citizenship, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, age, disability, status as a veteran, Vietnam Era Veteran, or being a member of the Reserves or National Guard.
Drug Free Environment
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
Social Networking Notice ISO New England reserves the right to review the candidate's postings on any social networking site accessible in the public domain as part of the candidate assessment process.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Job Start Date Monday, June 1, 2020
- Job End Date Friday, August 14, 2020
- ISO New England Inc., One Sullivan Road, Holyoke, Massachusetts, United States of America