Intern - Day-Ahead Support
Day Ahead & Related Markets Support team provides 24X7 production support and projects execution pertaining to Day Ahead Market, FTR/ARR, Long term and Short Term Outage Coordination, Control Room, Forecast Office, Markets Mitigation and Markets Compliance etc. departments. This intern will bring an engineering and IT perspective to application development and work with complex trouble shoot applications involving hundreds of data paths.
- Develop Power Systems or Energy Markets applications
- Provide unit testing or IT Product testing support for applications supported by IT Day Ahead Markets support group
- Coordinate application development or support across multiple departments
- Educational background on complex algorithms, ANNs, data structures, Java programming, etc.
- Relational databases knowledge viz. Oracle or Postgres SQL etc.
- Proficiency in using Microsoft Excel and Word
- Programming background preferred
- Knowledge of Artificial Neural Networks and Statistical methods
- Familiarity of advanced testing tools etc.
Preferred Majors: Electrical Engineering ( Power System Focus), Information Technology, Computer Science, Computer Engineering
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer. Applicants for employment are considered without regard to race, creed, color, citizenship, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, age, disability, status as a veteran, Vietnam Era Veteran, or being a member of the Reserves or National Guard.
Drug Free Environment
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
Social Networking Notice ISO New England reserves the right to review the candidate's postings on any social networking site accessible in the public domain as part of the candidate assessment process.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Job Start Date Monday, June 1, 2020
- Job End Date Friday, August 14, 2020
- ISO New England Inc., One Sullivan Road, Holyoke, Massachusetts, United States of America