Intern - Forecast Support
The forecasting team is responsible for forecasting electricity demand, energy efficiency (EE), and solar photovoltaic (PV) resources. These responsibilities span both short-term forecasting activities in support of (for example) ISO's administration of the Day Ahead Market, as well as ten-year forecasts that guide ISO's long-term planning activities. This intern will assist with data acquisition, analysis, and modeling in support of a variety of load, EE, and PV forecasting activities.
How You Will Make an Impact:
- Access and assemble internal and publicly-available data
- Conduct both descriptive and predictive statistical analysis
- Collaborate with forecasting staff to create and maintain Matlab code and standalone applications in support of varied forecasting activities
- Experience performing statistical analysis of large data sets
- Knowledge of statistics, econometrics, and/or forecasting in the context of the power industry
- Excellent analytical and creative problem solving skills
- Significant programming experience
- Strong familiarity with Matlab is required
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
Preferred Majors: Engineering, Economics, Statistics, or Meteorology
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer. Applicants for employment are considered without regard to race, creed, color, citizenship, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, age, disability, status as a veteran, Vietnam Era Veteran, or being a member of the Reserves or National Guard.
Drug Free Environment
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
Social Networking Notice ISO New England reserves the right to review the candidate's postings on any social networking site accessible in the public domain as part of the candidate assessment process.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Job Start Date Monday, June 1, 2020
- Job End Date Friday, August 14, 2020
- ISO New England Inc., One Sullivan Road, Holyoke, Massachusetts, United States of America