Intern - Internal Audit (Technical)
IAD is responsible for providing high quality, independent, professional audit coverage of ISO New England's business and information technology (IT) processes including the evaluation of the ISO's system of internal controls, reviewing governance and risk management processes, performing company-wide risk assessments for the purpose of developing the annual audit work plan, checking ISO compliance with governing agreements and regulations, supporting external audits/reviews and examining the quality and integrity of financial reporting. This intern will assist IAD with performance of internal audit planning, fieldwork and reporting phases in IT support areas such as security administration, cyber security and change/configuration management, technical areas such as networks, operating systems, web platforms, data base management systems and application systems, fieldwork on system operations audits, as well as administrative tasks such as follow-up of outstanding audit issues. The position reports to the IT Audit, Manager and Director of Internal Audit.
How You Will Make an Impact:
- Research for audit planning purposes including vendor documentation, audit guidance and security reference benchmarks for recommended security and configuration practices
- Perform detail audit testing for various IT and operations audits and reviews
- Conduct issue tracking and audit follow-ups in technical IT areas such as CIP Oversight, Network Security Administration, Web Application and Change/Configuration Management
- Knowledge and experience with operating system, database and office software (preferably Word, Excel, and PowerPoint); Demonstrated attention to thoroughness and accuracy in performing detailed, repetitive tasks,
- Strong interpersonal, communication and writing skills
- Experience performing detailed technical tasks in an Information Technology/Information Systems audit environment
- Active participation in college, community and/or volunteer activities
- Although minimum grade point average accepted is 3.0, would prefer 3.2 or higher
- Prefer technical educational background in computer science, information technology, data analytics or cyber security
Preferred Majors: Computer Science, Data Analytics, Information Technology and/or Cyber Security, Management Information
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer. Applicants for employment are considered without regard to race, creed, color, citizenship, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, age, disability, status as a veteran, Vietnam Era Veteran, or being a member of the Reserves or National Guard.
Drug Free Environment
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
Social Networking Notice ISO New England reserves the right to review the candidate's postings on any social networking site accessible in the public domain as part of the candidate assessment process.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Job Start Date Monday, June 1, 2020
- Job End Date Friday, August 14, 2020
- ISO New England Inc., One Sullivan Road, Holyoke, Massachusetts, United States of America