Intern - Internal Audit
The Internal Audit Department (IAD) is responsible for providing high quality, independent, professional audit coverage of ISO New England's business and information technology (IT) processes including the evaluation of the ISO New England's system of internal controls, reviewing governance and risk management processes, performing company-wide risk assessments for the purpose of developing the annual audit work plan, checking ISO New England's compliance with governing agreements and regulations, supporting external audits/reviews and examining the quality and integrity of financial reporting. This intern will assist IAD with performance of internal audit fieldwork, reporting, direct support of the SSAE 18 engagement testing and SOC 1 report review, as well as administrative tasks such as follow up of outstanding audit issues. The position reports to the Senior Audit Manager, with general direction given by the Director of Internal Audit and the Principal Auditor.
How You Will Make an Impact:
- Perform, test, analyze, and prepare audit work papers in the areas of vendor contracts, expense reporting, wire transfers, various information systems audits, etc.
- Perform detail audit testing in direct support of the SSAE 18 engagement in the areas of automated testing, Market Monitoring, Customer Query Tracking, DA Energy Market, RT Energy Market, Forward Capacity Market, FTR/ARR, Reserve Market, and OATT
- Utilize automated tools such as the ACL data mining and data analysis package to perform fraud, waste and abuse monitoring
- Assist with administrative tasks such as the follow-up of outstanding audit issues, proofreading of senior management and Audit & Finance Committee presentations, etc.
- Strong knowledge and experience with office software, preferably Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Demonstrated attention to thoroughness and accuracy in performing detailed, repetitive tasks
- Effective interpersonal, communication and writing skills
- Experience performing detailed administrative tasks in a professional office/company environment
- Active participation in college, community and/or volunteer activities
- Although minimum grade as accepted is 3.2 grade point average, would prefer 3.7 or higher
Preferred Majors: Accounting, Auditing, or Business Administration
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer. Applicants for employment are considered without regard to race, creed, color, citizenship, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, age, disability, status as a veteran, Vietnam Era Veteran, or being a member of the Reserves or National Guard.
Drug Free Environment
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
Social Networking Notice ISO New England reserves the right to review the candidate's postings on any social networking site accessible in the public domain as part of the candidate assessment process.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Job Start Date Monday, June 1, 2020
- Job End Date Friday, August 14, 2020
- ISO New England Inc., One Sullivan Road, Holyoke, Massachusetts, United States of America