Intern - Market Monitoring
The Internal Market Monitor is responsible for monitoring the competitiveness and operation of New England's wholesale electricity markets. To accomplish this, the Market Monitoring Department collects and analyzes complex market data. The department is also authorized to implement mitigation procedures to deter market behavior that may interfere with the competitive and efficient operation of the markets. This intern will work with a diverse group of market analysts and economists to monitor wholesale market outcomes and market participant behavior.
- Assist the department in analyzing market results and market participant behavior
- Assist in the development of insightful metrics and analyses designed to gauge the performance of the market
- Research and analysis skills
- Demonstration of self-motivation and drive
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to work in a team
- Excellent oral, written, and interpersonal skills
- Good working knowledge of MS Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Experience working with large data sets with statistic applications, such as SAS
Preferred Majors: Economic, Finance, or Business
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer. Applicants for employment are considered without regard to race, creed, color, citizenship, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, age, disability, status as a veteran, Vietnam Era Veteran, or being a member of the Reserves or National Guard.
Drug Free Environment
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
Social Networking Notice ISO New England reserves the right to review the candidate's postings on any social networking site accessible in the public domain as part of the candidate assessment process.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Job Start Date Monday, June 1, 2020
- Job End Date Friday, August 14, 2020
- ISO New England Inc., One Sullivan Road, Holyoke, Massachusetts, United States of America