Intern - Power System Model Management
The Power System Modeling Department is tasked with design, testing and implementation of power system model changes to the ISO Energy Management System (EMS) with focus on power system applications, including power flow, state estimation, contingency analysis, and markets applications. This intern will be assisting Power System Modeling with data handling, updating the New England model, creating planning study cases for Transmission Owners, updating generation profiles by collating data from various sources and reviewing and maintaining contingencies, project data, load profiles, and resource data.
How You Will Make an Impact:
- Upload and maintain the above mentioned data to Model On Demand application and the Basecase Database
- Assist MOD Engineers with routine data-intensive tasks related to steady state and stability cases
- Perform preliminary review of modeling data received to correct gross data, syntax, and convention errors
- Excellent analytical skills
- Effective communication skills, both written and verbal
- Detail-oriented candidates with strong organizational skills
- Ability to work both in a team environment and independently
- PSS/E experience
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer. Applicants for employment are considered without regard to race, creed, color, citizenship, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, age, disability, status as a veteran, Vietnam Era Veteran, or being a member of the Reserves or National Guard.
Drug Free Environment
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
Social Networking Notice ISO New England reserves the right to review the candidate's postings on any social networking site accessible in the public domain as part of the candidate assessment process.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Job Start Date Monday, June 1, 2020
- Job End Date Friday, August 14, 2020
- ISO New England Inc., One Sullivan Road, Holyoke, Massachusetts, United States of America