Intern - Transmission Strategy and Services
How You Will Make an Impact:
- Perform a series of standard tests related to stability performance with the Siemens Power System Simulator software and assess results for conformance with performance requirements
- Exercise judgement and decision making when analyzing and interpreting test results for acceptability
- Communicate any unacceptable results to enable the generator owner with information to address them through model parameter changes
- Perform thermal transfer analysis with vendor provided software
- Utilize software to establish power system thermal limits across major transmission interfaces
What We Look For:
- Basic understanding of electric circuit analysis and control system theory
- Ability to independently grasp the major findings and conclusions of analysis results
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Willingness to independently dig into the details of user manuals as required to learn and effectively use power system analysis software tools with limited guidance
Preferred Majors: Electrical Engineering (Required) with a focus on Power Systems ( Preferred)
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer. Applicants for employment are considered without regard to race, creed, color, citizenship, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, age, disability, status as a veteran, Vietnam Era Veteran, or being a member of the Reserves or National Guard.
Drug Free Environment
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
Social Networking Notice ISO New England reserves the right to review the candidate's postings on any social networking site accessible in the public domain as part of the candidate assessment process.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Job Start Date Monday, June 1, 2020
- Job End Date Friday, August 14, 2020
- ISO New England Inc., One Sullivan Road, Holyoke, Massachusetts, United States of America