Management - Senior Manager Parking
General Requirements and Conditions of Employment for All Employees:
• Successfully pass a post-off, pre-employment drug screen, and background check
• Exhibit regular and consistent attendance in a timely manner at the place of work
(Note: Specific statements shown in this Role Description are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements and criteria considered necessary to successfully perform the job.)
Under the direction of the Portfolio Manager, this position exists to administer, coordinate, and oversee the day-to-day operations of the business units: Parking Operations, Parking Maintenance, and Construction Services.
• Financial responsibility and oversight. Develop or assist with developing annual budgets and reporting monthly on revenue and expense variances and their anticipated effect at year end to the Portfolio Manager and Property Managers.
• Develop and recommend strategies to maximize revenue and minimize expenses.
• Evaluate and understand property management’s expectations with respect to the operations and ensure property management’s needs are met or exceeded through proper and timely communications and responsiveness.
• Evaluate and recommend the proper staffing levels to handle the day-to-day operations and downtown events especially for larger events and the Christmas Holiday Season.
• Provide technical and professional direction to staff, related to recruiting and training, customer service quality, employee evaluations, corrective action and resolution of employee grievances.
• Supervise the quality of work for all employees to ensure all work tasks and assignments are performed efficiently and effectively.
• Knowing all aspects of the PARC Systems used in parking.
• Evaluate systems and processes to develop policies and procedures which will increase operational efficiency while insuring compliance and consistency with UPMA standards and policies.
• Gather and analyze data for studies and reports and make recommendation(s) based upon findings.
• Ensure daily and event cashier deposits are reported correctly and audited to ensure sales totals are reported and recorded on time.
• Ensure regular and detailed audits are performed to ensure revenue collection procedures and processes are being followed.
• Diplomatically resolve property management and customer requests, concerns, and issues.
25% - Oversight of over Parking Operations, Parking Maintenance, and Construction Services.
10% - Financial responsibilities and reporting
10% - Gather and analyze data
10% - Evaluate system and processes
10% - Provide professional direction to staff
10% - Supervise the quality of work
5% - Appropriate audit protections
5% - Proper staffing levels
5% - Training, scheduling, and evaluation of parking office staff, supervisors, and attendants
5% - Develop and maintain annual operating budget and report on variances
5% - Special projects as assigned, etc.
• Education: Bachelor’s Degree
• Management: three to five years’ experience in business management – Parking experience is an advantage
• Ability to remain calm in stressful situations
• Ability to manage teams
• Excellent communication skills
o Ability to communicate effectively with all customers, i.e., daily and monthly customers, property managers, vendors, and contractors
• Excellent writing skills
o Able to write and re-engineer processes and create policy and procedures according to best practices that compliment UPMA policies.
• Excellent presentation skills
• Administrative and organizational skills
• Time management skills
• Professional image
• Strong customer service orientation
o Ability to respond to complaints and promptly resolve them
• Experience with PARCS (Parking Access and Revenue Control Systems)
• Able to respond to after-hours emergencies
• Proficient in Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel
• Experience using property management software, i.e., YardiOne.
• Collect revenue and ensure timely payments from customers
• Develop and adhere to annual budget
- Job Family UPMA
- Pay Type Salary
- Employment Indicator Regular