Project Management - Project Accountant
The Project Accountant performs the primary accounting and billing support for the Project Management team, from project startup through final closeout. This individual is responsible for all accounting functions, compiling accounting data, preparing schedules, maintaining accounting records and preparing reports and summaries. Also included is the responsibility for collecting and coordinating required contract documents, including certificates of insurance. Involved in the preparation of project reports and budget preparation/tracking.
Setting up new project files appropriately to ensure accurate tracking from project startup to
Gathering required documents from vendors and set up new vendors in financial system
Processing transactions using the accounting system, confirming appropriate paperwork is
attached as needed, to ensure timely vendor payments and accurate billing
Maintaining accurate project files by entering all financial paperwork into accounting
system, including change orders, budget transfers, job cost adjustments, and
Responding to inquiries from contractors, employees, and tenants
Tracking and resolving payment discrepancies
Identifying and executing the necessary process adjustments
Tracking contractor and subcontractor compliance to contractual requirements. Sending
out contracts for signatures and updating certificates of insurance.
Issuing purchase orders and assisting project management team members with change order requests
Generating month-end and year-end financial reports and others as requested
Reconciling credit card charges and bank statements for project management team
- High school diploma or equivalent is required. Associate’s degree plus two years of accounting
experience is preferred, or an equivalent combination of post high school education and experience
- Experience with accounting software is required, experience with Yardi experience preferred, or
experience in similar accounting software applications.
- Construction industry experience preferred.
- Knowledge of accounting
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook
- Maintain a neat and orderly filing system, ensuring information is accessible to others
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to self-manage work with little supervision
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Effective professional oral and written communication and interpersonal skills
Demonstrated ability to operate a calculator and personal computer operating in a network
environment with a demonstrated proficiency in using word processing, spreadsheet, and database applications.
Working knowledge and understanding of fundamental accounting and bookkeeping principles,
methods, and office procedures.
Demonstrated proficiency with detail work
Ability to walk job sites in any type of weather
- Ability to use a computer for long periods of time
- Job Family UPMA
- Pay Type Hourly
- Employment Indicator Regular
- Travel Required No
- Travel % 0
- Telecommute % 0