Cryogenic Equipment Operation and Calibration Engineer
Located in Malibu, California, HRL has been on the leading edge of technology, conducting pioneering research and advancing the state of the art.
The selected individual will work closely with an onsite equipment support group team but will be responsible for ensuring the optimal performance and operation of test equipment for cryogenic systems. The selected individual will work in a highly collaborative environment with teammates, key stakeholders and Government customers to ensure program success.
Primary Roles & Responsibilities:
Responsible for the operational plan, coordination, relocation if required, and oversight of a wide range of electronic test equipment, vacuum pumps and systems, and cryogenic systems. The individual will be responsible for ensuring the equipment under their control is properly maintained.
Specific job responsibilities include:
- Oversight and assistance as required for the installation and de-installation, troubleshooting, repair, and calibration of electronic test equipment, vacuum pumps, cryogenic vacuum systems, electronic systems, equipment, components, cables, cableways, and ducts
- Utilization of calibration standards, logic analyzers, digital oscilloscopes and other test equipment to complete required tasks
- Manages and/or interactions with internal equipment support group and external vendors, depending on the task
- Ensures the performance of Preventive Maintenance (PM) and Corrective Maintenance (CM) on all program essential equipment
- Compiles accurate and concise reports of work performed and ability to provide corrective actions
- Performs daily open work order reconciliation
- Ensures work is performed using proper Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Respond to requests through both personal contact and work order systems
- Coordinate contractor, and management approvals for work orders that require the use of an outside contractor
- Familiarity with and ability to ensure conformance to all written operating procedures associated with the site
- Maintain log of work order details in an organized manner.
- Assist with preparing requirements and organization of maintenance logs and records
- Manage key hardware inventory of pumps and test equipment that is on and off-site.
- AS or BS degree in related discipline
- Minimum of 3 (3) years of experience in support, preventative maintenance, and repair of test equipment,
- Broad knowledge of equipment maintenance techniques, procedures and knowledge of maintenance materials.
- Must be knowledgeable and/or familiar with electronic test equipment, vacuum pumps, cryogenic vacuum systems, electronic systems, equipment, components, cables, cableways, and ducts
- Must be knowledgeable following; Electrical, HVAC, Plumbing, Small Appliance Repair
- Must have familiarity with facilities electrical and mechanical drawings and schematics
- Holds any necessary/required licenses
- Proficient with Microsoft Office products (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Access, and Outlook)
- Must have good communication skills, both verbal and written
- Must be able to withstand frequent standing, walking, and repeatedly lifting objects with heavier weight necessary at times and perform other similar actions during the course of the workday
- Must be a U.S. citizen
- Must have reliable transportation and be available for after hour emergency calls
- Ability to work effectively under pressure, and against strict time constraints
- Ability to handle multiple projects and make decisions
- Analytical skills
- Familiarity with dry cool chillers, CRAC units, RTU’s etc.
- Familiarity with BMS (Building Management System) and Maintenance scheduling software
Security Clearance Requirement
- Must have an active Secret clearance for this position.
- Active or prior TS/SCI is highly desirable.
About HRL Laboratories:
For more than 70 years, HRL's scientists and engineers have been on the leading edge of technology, conducting pioneering research, providing real-world technology solutions, and advancing the state of the art in a variety of technologies areas. We continue to be recognized as one of the world's premier physical science and engineering research laboratories.
Our research collaborations with Boeing and General Motors, government, commercial and academic institutions are realizing groundbreaking advances in cutting edge areas including ultra-high-performance circuitry, autonomy, data science, and innovative architected materials. Our technologies are designed to operate in space, on aircraft, in automobiles, and in a variety of consumer products.
Building world class solutions requires exceptional collaboration. Our programs pair strong interdisciplinary teams of world-class scientists and engineers with a dynamic staff of support services professionals. We take on our customers most difficult problems and create innovative solutions that enable new capabilities and disrupt established value chains. As we look to the future, the technologies we are enabling today will be integral to a prosperous, secure, and sustainable world.
HRL offers a very competitive compensation and benefits package. Our benefits include medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401K match, gym facilities, PTO, growth potential, and an exciting and challenging work environment.
HRL Laboratories is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and does not discriminate in recruiting, hiring, training or promoting, on the basis of race, ethnicity, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, medical condition, U.S. military or protected veteran status, union membership, or political affiliation. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
- Pay Type Salary
- Malibu, CA, USA