30.80.31 Engineer II - Semiconductor Data Scientist
Located in Malibu, California, HRL has been on the leading edge of technology, conducting pioneering research and advancing the state of the art.
Engineer II – Semiconductor Data Scientist
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree with a major in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or related science/engineering field
Essential Job Functions:
- Develop web-based data analysis and visualization services for semiconductor wafer fabrication and characterization
- Work with internal customers to understand data analysis needs and develop creative, efficient, and easy-to-use software solutions
- Design and implement a data infrastructure (including database schema) to support a multitude of semiconductor technologies
- Develop daemons ("bots") to routinely and automatically collect a diverse set of raw data from a variety of sources
- Utilize existing and to-be-developed data tools to produce reports and provide insights into HRL's semiconductor devices and processes
- Develop interfaces to link existing device and process databases
- Assist and train HRL scientists in use of custom data analysis and visualization software
- Coding in C/C# (or similar) languages
- SQL-based relational databases; database administration is a plus
- Building web-based front ends for data input and/or output
- Windows and Linux environments
- SCRUM project management
- Understanding of semiconductor wafer fabrication processes
- Statistical process control, process control monitoring
- User-friendly, web-based GUI design
- SQL, C#, .NET framework, JS/CSS/HTML
- Understanding of manufacturing execution systems is a plus
Essential Physical/Mental Requirements:
- Good communication skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- US citizenship or permanent resident status required
HRL offers a very competitive compensation and benefits package. Our benefits include medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401K match, gym facilities, PTO, bonuses, growth potential, and an exciting and challenging work environment.
HRL offers a very competitive compensation and benefits package. Our benefits include medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401K match, gym facilities, PTO, growth potential, and an exciting and challenging work environment.
HRL Laboratories is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and does not discriminate in recruiting, hiring, training or promoting, on the basis of race, ethnicity, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, medical condition, U.S. military or protected veteran status, union membership, or political affiliation. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
- Pay Type Salary
- Malibu, CA, USA