IR Program Planner
The IR Program Planner develops, maintains, and assesses a program Integrated Master Schedule (IMS) based on customer requirements, proposal/program manager’s program plan/input, and proposal/program’s project lead’s plan/input. The selected candidate for this Mid-Level Program Planner role will join a team of program planners with senior level experience who will provide guidance.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Support a program’s proposal team in their planning, documenting, and cost assessment prior to proposal release.
- Support the Program Manager during all phases of a program in monitoring program’s day-to-day state-of-health assessment and, as required, support trades to mitigate program cost/schedule issues.
- Expected to build, baseline, and maintain schedules (task and resource loading) consistent with the National Defense Industrial Association’s Planning & Schedule Excellence Guide (PASEG)
- Expected to assess schedule health and analyze plan’s risk and resource using Software Solutions Inc (SSI) tools (or equivalent)
- Responsible for providing weekly program reporting (e.g. Earned Value, FTE Charged to Plan, Cost to Plan, Drawings to Plan, Hardware Execution to Plan, etc.) to the Program Manager.
- Communication (verbal and written) to program manager, customer, and senior management of schedule status through the results of key analysis (e.g. critical path, risk, variance, what-if, etc.)
- Provide support to program reviews that demonstrate thorough cost and schedule integration
- Participation in program’s daily standups, weekly status, and other program status tracking activities
- Work with program’s engineering, operations, test, and suppliers to directly input status, assess issues, as well as develop work-arounds or mitigations for late tasks
- Work with program managers, business operations, engineering, and operations in support of implementing earned value management on select programs
- Work with program’s project leads (engineering leads, operations, quality, procurements, and test) on a weekly basis to build initial plans as well as assess program status and develop/propose corrective/recovery action plans (this may occur directly or during group meetings)
Qualifications & Competencies
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following qualifications and competencies:
- Minimum 6 years of professional experience in Accounting, Finance, Program Management or Program Planning & Scheduling
- Minimum 3 years of scheduling experience in an engineering/manufacturing environment (preferably aerospace)
- Knowledge of the development and maintenance of program schedules (task and resource loading); knowledge of the National Defense Industrial Association’s Planning & Schedule Excellence Guide (PASEG) and assessing/reporting their health, resource planning, and risk using Structured Solutions Inc Tools (SSI, or equivalent) preferred.
- Demonstrated Microsoft Project experience (or similar project scheduling software)
- Knowledge of Earned Value assessment, tools, and metrics
- Demonstrated experience in using MS Office suite products (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Knowledge and experience (preferred) in setting up, performing, and reporting program earned value
- The ability to interface and influence at all levels of a program and organization
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- The ability to thrive in a deadline-oriented environment
- Displays exemplary ethics and business conduct, and performs work cognizant of safe work practices
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration or related field
- Project Management and/or Earned Value Management Certification preferred
US Citizenship with ability to attain/maintain government security clearance; active security clearance at Secret / SBBI level preferred
HRL offers a very competitive compensation and benefits package. Our benefits include medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401K match, gym facilities, PTO, bonuses, growth potential, and an exciting and challenging work environment.
HRL Laboratories is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and does not discriminate in recruiting, hiring, training or promoting, on the basis of race, ethnicity, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, medical condition, U.S. military or protected veteran status, union membership, or political affiliation. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
- Pay Type Salary
- Malibu, CA, USA