Section Leader - E-Beam Lithography
Become a member of a team that produces the world’s fastest GaN transistors and MMICs as well as state-of-the-art quantum nanoelectronic
devices. Lead a team of 8-10 engineers in the Electron Beam Lithography group of the Microfabrication Technology Laboratory.
Duties include: operation of direct-write electron beam lithography tools working in collaboration with a team of world leading experts in GaN HEMT and nanotechnologies; work with program managers to define HRL’s lithography roadmaps in micro/nanofabrication; allocation of resources and prioritization of assigned work; working with the Equipment Support Group and external vendors to keep lithography tools mission ready; mentoring staff members in technical excellence; leading capital acquisition projects; developing and executing engineering experiments for improved quality; maintaining existing processes; recording, analyzing data, and presenting results; maintaining process control of supported processes; and developing and communicating options for lithography processes for new micro/nanofabrication needs to HRL program managers.
Bachelor's or Master’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Chemical Engineering or Material Sciences.
- 5+ years’ hands-on experience in electron beam lithography for semiconductor and/or MEMS microfabrication.
- Experience working in Class 10 or better cleanroom facilities.
- Expert user of direct-write electron beam lithography tools and automated coat/develop systems (photolithography tool experience is a plus…steppers, contact aligners, etc).
- Experience in electron beam lithography processes on a diversity of substrates including, but not limited to, InP, GaAs, GaN, Si and Quartz.
- Experience in the use of optical, analytical SEM, and CDSEM metrology to maintain quality of pattern resolution and alignment.
- Experienced in root cause analysis and correction of lithography problems, e.g., those arising from resist coating, exposure or development problems.
- Ability to correlate observed pattern defects to tool health.
- Experience in using statistical process control methods to ensure process quality.
- Experience leading others is preferred, either in a project leadership role or in a direct line management role.
- Proven track record of collaborating across organizational boundaries, demonstrating ownership, demonstrating a high quality standard, track record of driving projects to conclusion, and experience achieving similar results through others.
- Experience working in an AS9100 Quality Management System production environment is a plus.
The ideal candidate for this position will have a deep understanding of underlying physical principals of electron beam lithography processes. This candidate will also have broad knowledge of lithography tools used in III-V and/or MEMS wafer foundries. Good understanding of statistical
and analytical sciences as applied to process control.
ESSENTIAL PHYSICAL/MENTAL REQUIREMENTS:
Proficiency in use of computers, engineering work stations, complex electronic equipment, verbal and written communication, interaction
with customers/colleagues and willingness to work in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment. Must be sufficiently mobile to work within
confined spaces and have both visual and hearing acuity. Must be able to work within a class 10 Cleanroom. Must be able to work safely with and around potentially toxic and hazardous materials, chemicals and gases.
SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS: US citizenship is required.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
- Pay Type Salary
- Malibu, CA, USA