Medicare Advantage Licensed Benefits Advisor
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. Minority and women are encouraged to apply. We maintain a drug-free & nicotine free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
Working with minimal supervision, the Medicare Advantage Licensed Benefits Advisor is responsible for growing Medicare Advantage enrollment while adhering to all mandates set forth in the CMS marketing and compliance guidelines as well as in the company policies and procedures.
- Identify, educate and enroll Medicare beneficiaries in one of HPP Medicare products
- Develop and present product presentations to educate and sell the Medicare products to customers; develop relationships with clients, referral partners, or centers of influence to obtain personal introduction to prospective clients; establish and maintain key relationships within designated territory to generate potential enrollment opportunities.
- Establish contact; assess an individual's healthcare needs and concerns; establish eligibility; provide overview of organizational mission; effectively and clearly present benefits of products in accordance with all governmental regulations; review documentation requirements and schedule follow-up appointments.
- Answer product and/or service questions; suggest features and benefits about Medicare products and services to attract potential customers.
- Provide client education; provide timely follow-up to obtain missing or additional information to complete the application.
- Properly document and enter all sales and prospecting activity into the Health Partners Plans Medicare sales tracking system of record on a timely and compliant manner.
- Consistently demonstrate ability to overcome market objections when selling Health Partners Plans Advantage Programs.
- Consistently demonstrate a desire to reach and exceed departmental and personal goals.
- Work closely with network providers to identify and educate potential members and participate in provider promotional activities.
- Become a familiar and trusted figure on Medicare issues in the communities of the Health Partners Plans service area.
- Promote retention and minimize rapid disenrollment by providing accurate, consistent and timely service and follow up.
- Work in the field with key providers, local government agencies, community leaders, community based organizations, and others serving potential Medicare eligible population.
Performs other duties as required.
Key Job Requirements:
High School Diploma or equivalent.
Associate or Bachelor's degree preferred.
Minimum of 3 years of Medicare sales, 5 years general consumer sales, or 5 years community relations experience required.
- Proven selling, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Experience working with the senior population, particularly dual eligible – Medicaid and Medicare preferred.
- Ability to generate leads from referrals and local strategic research and prospecting.
- Ability to clearly explain the benefits offered by Health Partners in a manner that ensures beneficiaries understand eligibility requirements, the Medicare review/approval process of their enrollment application, timing of ID card receipt, etc.
- Maintain confidentiality and comply with Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA).
Prior experience in health plan sales or related area preferred.
Strong working knowledge of MS Office Suite required.
Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Valid driver's license and proof of insurance.
- Able to travel throughout the Health Partners service areas.
- Access to a vehicle.
Knowledge of health care industry dynamics and trends.
An active Accidental and Health Pennsylvania producer License.
Sales and Marketing skills
Proficient in Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
Excellent organizational, written and oral communication skills.
Demonstrated ability to interact effectively with various levels of staff and individuals coming from diverse communities and backgrounds.
Ability to prioritize work and meet deadlines.
Ability to work effectively with minimal supervision.
Independent judgment/decision making required.
The ability to obtain and maintain a current Health Insurance Sales License.
The ability to pass Annual CMS Medicare Certification.
Bilingual Spanish, Madarin, Cantonese, Russian and/or other languages preferred.
Access To Protected Health Information: Minimal
Compliance with all applicable rules, regulations and laws is a condition of employment. Employees must read and sign, both the Business Code of Conduct and the Personal Standard Code of Conduct, and are expected to perform their duties ethically and honestly.
Medicare Advantage Compliance Statement: Compliance with all applicable rules, regulations and laws is a condition of employment. Employees must read and sign, both the Business Code of Conduct and the Personal Standard Code of Conduct, and are expected to perform their duties ethically and honestly.
Access To Protected Health Information:
- Pay Type Salary
- Required Education High School
- Philadelphia, 901 Market Street, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States of America