Medicare Advantage Sales Representative
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. Minority and women are encouraged to apply. We maintain a drug-free & nicotine free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
Working with minimal supervision, the Medicare Advantage Sales Representative is responsible for growing Medicare Advantage enrollment while adhering to all mandates set forth in the CMS marketing and compliance guidelines as well as in the company policies and procedures.
- Conducting one-on-one sales meetings and house calls as well as work in the field with key providers, local government agencies, community leaders, community based organizations, and others serving the dually-eligible population.
- Attending community events and health fairs to promote product education and awareness to the Medicare population.
- Working closely with network providers to identify and educate potential members and participate in provider promotional activities
- Becoming a familiar and trusted figure on Medicare issues in the communities of the Health Partners service area.
- Promoting retention and minimizing rapid disenrollment by providing accurate, consistent and timely service and follow up.
- Properly documenting and entering all sales and prospecting activity into the Health Partners Medicare sales tracking system in a timely and compliant manner.
- Conducting one-on-one KidzPartner sales meetings and house calls as well as work in the field with key providers, local government agencies, community leaders, community based organizations, and others serving potential CHIP eligible population.
- Attend community meetings and events to disseminate KidzPartner literature and giveaways as needed.
Performs other duties as required.
Key Job Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree preferred; Candidate must be bilingual (Spanish/English), have valid health insurance license, current driver's license and vehicle.
Minimum of 3 years of Medicare sales, 5 years general consumer sales, or 5 years community relations experience required
- Proven selling, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Experience working with the Senior population, particularly dual eligible – Medicaid and Medicare preferred.
- Ability to generate leads from referrals and local strategic research and prospecting.
- Ability to clearly explain the benefits offered by Health Partners in a manner that ensures beneficiaries understand eligibility requirements, the Medicare review/approval process of their enrollment application, timing of ID card receipt, etc.
- Maintain confidentiality and comply with Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA).
Prior experience in health plan sales or related area preferred.
Strong working knowledge of MS Office Suite required.
Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Valid driver's license and proof of insurance.
- Able to travel throughout the Health Partners service areas.
Knowledge of health care industry dynamics and trends.
Sales and Marketing skills
Proficient in Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
Excellent organizational, written and oral communication skills
Demonstrated ability to interact effectively with various levels of staff and individuals coming from diverse communities and backgrounds
Ability to prioritize work and meet deadlines
Ability to work effectively with minimal supervision.
Independent judgment/decision making required.
The ability to obtain and maintain a current Health Insurance Sales License
The ability to pass Annual CMS Medicare Certification
Medicare Advantage Compliance Statement: Compliance with all applicable rules, regulations and laws is a condition of employment. Employees must read and sign, both the Business Code of Conduct and the Personal Standard Code of Conduct, and are expected to perform their duties ethically and honestly.
Access To Protected Health Information:
- Pay Type Salary
- Required Education Equivalent Experience
- Philadelphia, 901 Market Street, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States of America