Underwriters at Home Point Financial are responsible for evaluating the single biggest transaction for consumers in their lives. The analytical and data driven decisions that an Underwriter makes are critical to our success. They also determine if loan files submitted for credit decisions meet Secondary market, HPF credit guidelines and overall risk profile as defined by HPF.
- Review and validate loan application data and documents received for decision
- Run and review all pertinent risk and collateral evaluation tools prior to loan decision
- Decision loan file based on HPF credit risk definitions and guidelines
- Communicate loan decision to Originator
- Work with Jr. Underwriter on condition clearing and/or questions to ensure adherence to loan guidelines and requirements per HPF
- Be available to Closing, Funding and/or Post-Closing if any issues arise on loan files
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS:
- 3+ years of more of Underwriting experience
- Excellent communication skills. (Verbal and Written)
- Detail Oriented/Organized individual will thrive in this position.
- Knowledge in FHA, VA, FNMA and FHLMC Required
- Direct Endorsement Certification
- Knowledge of Encompass LOS a plus
- Maitland, FL, USA