One Water. One Team.
When you work at Great Lakes Water Authority, you help make a difference in the environment and in your local community.
“One water, one team” is more than just a phrase, it’s a way of doing business. Here, you don’t work for GLWA, you work with GLWA. We are racing toward a shared goal to become the region’s most-trusted, high-quality water and wastewater resource. Won't you join us?
We are looking for Maintenance Technicians to repair and maintain tools and other equipment associated with installations; performs required routine preventative and predictive maintenance and other related work on the Fleet and facilities Team.
Responsibilities (not all-inclusive)
- You will work on a variety of hand-on assignments including maintaining electrical distribution, pumping, mechanical and chemical equipment, rebuilding and dismantling pumps.
- Our Maintenance Technicians complete repairs of valves and heavy equipment and machinery actively perform alignments of equipment.
- You will perform routine preventative maintenance using rigging, welding, cutting, machinery alignment, plumbing and pipe fitting.
- You will regularly inspect the working condition and maintain the cleanliness of equipment and surrounding areas; replace and repair major equipment and tools.
- You will collect and analyze process and performance data used to diagnose, repair and perform preventive maintenance of water equipment, including print reading.
- The role includes performing tests and results; maintaining various records and preparing reports, and specifications for new equipment.
- As a part of the Maintenance Technicians team, you will perform shift work which could include weekend and holiday assignments.
Required Education & Experience
- High School or GED
- Michigan S4 or F4 license within two (2) years of level 1 designation
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities of:
- HVAC, High Pressure Boiler, Refrigeration Plumbing, Painting, Masonry and/or Carpentry
- Computer Maintenance Management System
- Procurement/purchasing, receiving, warehouse/inventory, and service contracting procedures and applications/systems
- Tools, methods, materials and practices used in repairing heavy machinery and equipment including some familiarity with methods and equipment used in moving heavy objects
- Must have a valid Michigan Driver’s License
- Valid CDL-A
- This position is subject to random drug and alcohol testing
Are you looking for a job that will get you outside the cubicle? The physical demands of this role must be met by a Maintenance Technician to successfully perform the essential duties of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
This position requires the ability to climb ladders, scaffolding, work in confined spaces, elevated locations and descend underground, lift a minimum of 50 pounds, walk, stand, or work for long periods of time, demonstrate normal color perception, hear audible alarms and detect abnormal equipment sounds; visually inspect equipment and processes at any time of the day or night, pass bio-mechanical physical, vision, baseline physical and annual fit tests, wear respiratory protection and other personal protective equipment; perform a variety of laboring tasks involving carrying, stacking, digging, shoveling, hitting, pushing, pulling and other efforts requiring considerable physical strength and stamina.
We are all strategic partners on the path to becoming a Utility of the Future, and GLWA prioritizes the selection of highly talented, well-qualified individuals to help us get there. We offer competitive pay and the starting wage or salary, if hired, is variable. Factors such as your demonstrated hard and soft skills, your level of education, history in the sector or industry, and meaningful work experience will all be evaluated.
We also offer an opportunity for advancement, on the job training, ongoing professional development, tuition assistance and a career in a sector that safeguards public health, supports and strengthen communities, and protects the environment.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our organization. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability.
- Job Family Maintenance Technician
- Job Function Operations
- Pay Type Hourly
- Required Education High School
- 9300 W Jefferson Ave, Detroit, MI 48209, USA