HR Business Partner
Goodwill Southern California (GSC) prepares and places thousands of individuals into sustainable employment through programs and services throughout Los Angeles, Riverside and San Bernardino counties. As one of the leading non-profit brands in the world, and the largest non-profit in Southern California, we have been transforming lives through the power of work for over 100 years. Goodwill Southern California supports its mission with proceeds generated from over 78 retail stores and over 44 attended donation centers, as well as from charitable donations and grants from the public and private sectors. Goodwill SoCal is a rapidly evolving organization and yet we have never been more focused – on our mission, on our people, and on our future. It’s always a GOOD day in SoCal!
Serves as a member of the management team of the assigned operational team. Leads and manages the people management related agenda of business division. Serves as change management agent for Company wide and division projects; managing all HR communication. Facilitates communication of best practices from and to different functions in the organization. Champions the Company’s strategic plan as well as its mission.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Acts as a single point of the contact for the employees and managers in the business unit
- Proactively supports the delivery of HR Processes
- Manages complex and difficult HR Projects cross-functionally
- Builds a strong business relationship with the internal client; coaching and training leadership regarding people complexities
- Serves as change agent, actively identifying gaps; proposing and implementing improvements for growth and development for business operations.
- Provides risk assessment and guidance for risk reduction through workplace investigations, handling employee complaints, grievances and disputes as needed.
- Provides coaching, counseling and training staff as needed
- Acts as the performance improvement driver and provokes positive changes in the people management
- Challenges the organizational structure of the internal client and proposes changes
- Acts as the member of the HR Management Team; represents Company in internal and external matters.
- Provides assistance and guidance to managers and supervisors with regards to employee relations issues, appropriate disciplinary and termination actions, compliance with state and federal employment laws and regulations, and Company policies and procedures.
- This position requires travel 25% to 50% of the time. A valid driver's license and state-required auto insurance are necessary. Driving record must be acceptable to company’s vendor.
Additional Duties & Responsibilities
- Represents Human Resources Department on various Company committees.
- Attends seminars and training courses to increase knowledge and receive updates on Human Resource laws and regulations.
- Other duties and special projects as assigned.
- May supervise 0-3 staff when applicable.
Education & Experience
- 2-5 years of managerial and supervisory experience.
- 5-8 years of Human Resources Generalist experience required.
- Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university required.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills. Must be able to write concise report and possess strong presentation skills.
- Excellent problem solving skills and attention to details.
- Demonstrated business acumen and partnership.
- Demonstrated abilities to work with and build trusting partnerships with employees of all levels including individuals with disabilities.
- Experience driving positive employment environment preferred.
- Effective in multi-tasking in a fast pasted environment with minimal supervision.
- Multi-industry experience helpful. Ability to motivate employees in a non-profit environment
- Spanish / English bilingual preferred
- Excellent computer skills.
Goodwill Industries in Southern California is an equal opportunity employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please click here: http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf
Goodwill gives preferential consideration to persons with barriers to employment. Persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Goodwill is committed to a policy of equal employment
opportunity for applicants and employees.
Employment decisions will comply with all applicable laws prohibiting discrimination in employment including Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, the Age Discrimination Employment Act of 1967, the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, the Immigration and Nationality Act, and any other characteristic protected by federal or state law.
Nondiscrimination on the Basis of Disabilities
In furtherance of our commitment to end discrimination against qualified disabled individuals, and in accordance with the provisions of Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Americans with Disabilities Act, and all regulations properly issued thereunder to protect the rights of qualified disabled persons, it is Goodwill's policy that no program or activity administered by it shall exclude from participation, deny benefits to or subject to discrimination any individual solely by reason of his or her disability. Equal employment opportunity will be extended to qualified disabled persons in all aspects of the employer-employee relationship, including recruitment, hiring, upgrading, training, promotion, transfer, discipline, layoff, recall and termination. We further affirm that we will provide reasonable accommodation to the known physical or mental limitations of an otherwise qualified disabled employee or applicant.
It is the policy of Goodwill to provide reasonable
accommodations for qualified persons with disabilities who are employees or
applicants for employment. If you need
assistance for accommodations to interview because of a disability, please
notify the Human Resources Department.
Employment opportunities will not be denied to anyone because of the need to make reasonable accommodations for a disability.
- Pay Type Salary
- 342 N San Fernando Rd, Los Angeles, CA 90031, USA
- Ontario, CA, USA