Retail General Manager
Goodwill Southern California (GSC) prepares and places thousands of individuals into sustainable employment through programs and services throughout Los Angeles, Riverside and San Bernardino counties. As one of the leading non-profit brands in the world, and the largest non-profit in Southern California, we have been transforming lives through the power of work for over 100 years. Goodwill Southern California supports its mission with proceeds generated from over 78 retail stores and over 44 attended donation centers, as well as from charitable donations and grants from the public and private sectors. Goodwill SoCal is a rapidly evolving organization and yet we have never been more focused – on our mission, on our people, and on our future. It’s always a GOOD day in SoCal!
Responsible for the efficient operation of a retail store. Manages and leads store staff to achieve established goals for sales, production, customer service, payroll, safety and expense control.
1. Store Manager supervises 9-35 staff members.
2. Supervisory responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, scheduling and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding, developing and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
3. Ensures excellent customer and staff relations. Provides appropriate training as needed.
4. Achieves financial objectives by monitoring weekly budget, scheduling expenditures, analyzing variances, and initiating corrective actions.
5. Manages and ensures donated goods are processed timely and meeting quantity and quality goals.
6. Provides a safe environment for employees and customers through training, guidance, and maintaining safety established standards.
7. Follows up on all assigned projects.
8. Provides proper training in auditing procedures, customer relations, regulatory compliance and reporting.
9. Reviews store merchandising and production needs each day to support daily goals and upcoming promotions.
10. Authorizes price mark-downs when deemed appropriate and prompt reaction to sell-throughs.
11. Ensures enforcement of store asset control and security policies and procedures.
12. Monitors and maintains sales floor, production area, structural, electrical, store equipment, landscaping, housekeeping, loss prevention and safety in GRS standards.
13. Attends meetings and training as required.
1. Able to move minimum 25 lbs. at times
2. Able to work weekends, evenings and holidays
3. High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required. College degree helpful.
4. Must be PC proficient
5. Must be proficient in the English language, writing and speaking. Bilingual in Spanish preferred.
1. 3-5 years of supervisory experience in a customer focused management role.
2. Able to handle confidential information.
3. Demonstrate great communication and interpersonal skills.
4. Punctual and dependable attendance.
5. Able to multitask projects of varying scope and complexity with minimum supervision.
Goodwill is an equal opportunity employer and will provide reasonable accommodations for job duties in accordance with Federal and State law.
Goodwill Industries in Southern California is an equal opportunity employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please click here: http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf
Goodwill gives preferential consideration to persons with barriers to employment. Persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Goodwill is committed to a policy of equal employment
opportunity for applicants and employees.
Employment decisions will comply with all applicable laws prohibiting discrimination in employment including Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, the Age Discrimination Employment Act of 1967, the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, the Immigration and Nationality Act, and any other characteristic protected by federal or state law.
Nondiscrimination on the Basis of Disabilities
In furtherance of our commitment to end discrimination against qualified disabled individuals, and in accordance with the provisions of Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Americans with Disabilities Act, and all regulations properly issued thereunder to protect the rights of qualified disabled persons, it is Goodwill's policy that no program or activity administered by it shall exclude from participation, deny benefits to or subject to discrimination any individual solely by reason of his or her disability. Equal employment opportunity will be extended to qualified disabled persons in all aspects of the employer-employee relationship, including recruitment, hiring, upgrading, training, promotion, transfer, discipline, layoff, recall and termination. We further affirm that we will provide reasonable accommodation to the known physical or mental limitations of an otherwise qualified disabled employee or applicant.
It is the policy of Goodwill to provide reasonable
accommodations for qualified persons with disabilities who are employees or
applicants for employment. If you need
assistance for accommodations to interview because of a disability, please
notify the Human Resources Department.
Employment opportunities will not be denied to anyone because of the need to make reasonable accommodations for a disability.
- Job Family Retail
- Pay Type Hourly
- Fontana North, 7360 Cherry Ave., Fontana, California, United States of America