Retail Store Ambassador | Retail
Goodwill Southern California (GSC) prepares and places thousands of individuals into sustainable employment through programs and services throughout Los Angeles, Riverside and San Bernardino counties. As one of the leading non-profit brands in the world, and the largest non-profit in Southern California, we have been transforming lives through the power of work for over 100 years. Goodwill Southern California supports its mission with proceeds generated from over 78 retail stores and over 44 attended donation centers, as well as from charitable donations and grants from the public and private sectors. Goodwill SoCal is a rapidly evolving organization and yet we have never been more focused – on our mission, on our people, and on our future. It’s always a GOOD day in SoCal!
The Retail Store Ambassador works under the direction of Retail Store Management to maintain the efficient operation of a retail store by delivering outstanding customer service to achieve established goals for sales, production, safety and expense control.
1. Provide excellent customer and donor service
2. Present a friendly, cooperative attitude to the general public and store staff
3. Perform accurate operations of a cash register
4. Receive and accurately record donations from public
5. Sort and price donations
6. Merchandise sales floor to meet company standards and guidelines
7. Load and unload store trucks
1. Able to move at least 25 lbs.
2. Able to move around in tight space; repetitive hand movement required
3. Work flexible shifts and overtime when needed
4. Able to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos
5. Able to write simple correspondence and effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization
6. Able to add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10's and 100's. Able to perform these operations using units of American money and weight measurement, volume, and distance
7. Able to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Able to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
1. Some retail and sales experience helpful
2. Able to read, speak and write Basic English
3. Able to operate cash register and PC
4. Good communication and interpersonal skills
Goodwill is an equal opportunity employer and will provide reasonable accommodations for job duties in accordance with Federal and State law.
Goodwill Industries in Southern California is an equal opportunity employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please click here: http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf
Goodwill gives preferential consideration to persons with barriers to employment. Persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Goodwill is committed to a policy of equal employment
opportunity for applicants and employees.
Employment decisions will comply with all applicable laws prohibiting discrimination in employment including Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, the Age Discrimination Employment Act of 1967, the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, the Immigration and Nationality Act, and any other characteristic protected by federal or state law.
Nondiscrimination on the Basis of Disabilities
In furtherance of our commitment to end discrimination against qualified disabled individuals, and in accordance with the provisions of Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Americans with Disabilities Act, and all regulations properly issued thereunder to protect the rights of qualified disabled persons, it is Goodwill's policy that no program or activity administered by it shall exclude from participation, deny benefits to or subject to discrimination any individual solely by reason of his or her disability. Equal employment opportunity will be extended to qualified disabled persons in all aspects of the employer-employee relationship, including recruitment, hiring, upgrading, training, promotion, transfer, discipline, layoff, recall and termination. We further affirm that we will provide reasonable accommodation to the known physical or mental limitations of an otherwise qualified disabled employee or applicant.
It is the policy of Goodwill to provide reasonable
accommodations for qualified persons with disabilities who are employees or
applicants for employment. If you need
assistance for accommodations to interview because of a disability, please
notify the Human Resources Department.
Employment opportunities will not be denied to anyone because of the need to make reasonable accommodations for a disability.
- Pay Type Hourly
- 44 Glendora West, 1936 E. Route 66, Glendora, California, United States of America